Looking for BTA

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for small cheap BTA for my maroon clown. Anyone have any small splits they want to part with;)

elfda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for small cheap BTA for my maroon clown. Anyone have any small splits they want to part with;)
We have a happy little bta at my store, but I'm not sure where you are.
(We're also a corporate chain, so I totally would not blame you if you ignore this)

I always like to see the shop critters go so someone knowledgeable. [emoji178]

(We're in Redmond, WA)

elfda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference:

20170129_143824.jpeg

Ate mysis, this morning
Tomatoes are ignoring it...

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Florida. I have a maroon clown.

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon clowns are very hard on anemones. Please make sure the anemone is large enough to handle the clown. Maroons like to dive in and "fluff" the anemone to conform to their body when resting or sleeping. If the anemone is small they will keep punching on it trying to get it to expand. The nems oral disk should be 2x the length of the clown.

My maroon pair is 15 years old - they are big and mean and I have the bite marks to prove it!

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon clowns are very hard on anemones. Please make sure the anemone is large enough to handle the clown. Maroons like to dive in and "fluff" the anemone to conform to their body when resting or sleeping. If the anemone is small they will keep punching on it trying to get it to expand. The nems oral disk should be 2x the length of the clown.

My maroon pair is 15 years old - they are big and mean and I have the bite marks to prove it!
+1 my maroons before I got rid of them killed a bubble tip that was 3x the size of them. Hense why I got rid of them!

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have over 20 nems in my tank so plenty to keep the new splits save while healing.
I said I would get a large bunch of baby clowns when the maroons died - then I found out the maroons can live to be 30 years old. I have many more years of Bess and Truman. With my luck some of their babies will survive and I will never be maroon free.

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry,

I only sell locally through my local marine club. Check your area for a club.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back