low cal ?

flathead31coupe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a bb system, i have been doseing b inoc 2 parts for over 3 weeks, still cant get cal up its around 380 or so, so i decided to dose mag,thought it might help bring up the cal. no luck, doseing mag about a week.....any thoughts

OP
OP
flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got back from the pet store they ck my water, they said the cal is almost 400, but the mag is 1800, i dosed it lastnight, all other parameters where spot on...maybe i need to give the mag time to adjust,

OP
OP
flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after haveing the water ckd and the mag was at 1800, i quite dosing the mag but still dosing the cal. going on four weeks, still 380 for the cal is all i can get,mt? is is that from me being bb for 6-7 years, or what, or di i give it time....i wouldnt think it would take that much of cal to raise it, bur it was very low to start with

RBursek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1800 is high for the Mg so it is not do to low Mg and Mg gets used up at a much slower rate then Ca and Alk. Did you use the calculator I gave you to tell you how much Ca to dose to get it where you want, and how heavy of a Ca load do you have in your tank. Also dozing Kalk for your Mu water can help maintain your Ca once you get it to the level you want.

OP
OP
flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1800 is high for the Mg so it is not do to low Mg and Mg gets used up at a much slower rate then Ca and Alk. Did you use the calculator I gave you to tell you how much Ca to dose to get it where you want, and how heavy of a Ca load do you have in your tank. Also dozing Kalk for your Mu water can help maintain your Ca once you get it to the level you want.
i didnt use the chart, i went by the bottle, 1ml per 4gal i was doing 15ml of each, for 63 total gal,not counting lr displacement atleast 50pounds of lr...all i have is some green spong, and two green shrooms very small, thats its and lr....

RBursek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
875ml is what you need to dose of Ca if that is what the calculator said for the product you are using, read any cautions at the bottom of it.

OP
OP
flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
875ml is what you need to dose of Ca if that is what the calculator said for the product you are using, read any cautions at the bottom of it.
i cant think of why the directions would say to use such small dose, 1ml per 4gal,i have about 55gal total and the chart would say to use 875ml total..

RBursek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First you do not add both, you get your Mg at the level you want, then the Ca, then test a day latter for Alk. The low dose on the bottle maybe to maintain a given level, not to increase it to a higher level, the calculator is very accurate, it takes so much more to increas Mg or Ca then to just maintain it.

RBursek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add your Ca now, what I ment when I said get your Mg to a appropriate level was if it was low, because if it was low it is hard to get Ca up and keep it up, so now that your Mg is at 1800, which is high but okay, dose your Ca to get it where you wnt, as Bleaslbob said your Mg will come down on its own.

RBursek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is what the calculator said for your product and look at the cautions at the bottom, it may not want you to add that all at once. I do not know how many times it has to be said.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back