Low PH

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I recently moved my lovestick to a new tank. The LR is well established and was doing fine before the move. The main thing that changed in the move is that got myself a calcium reactor. Since the start the PH has been really low eventho i dont use that much CO2 and the reactor is barly running. Even if the reactor is off the PH remains low.

The funny thing is that my PH actually raises when the reactor is running for some reason that i cannot explain.

Solenoid starts feeding co2 at roughly 13.15 (when the tank PH reaches 7.7). and the tank PH starts going up

SXJffWJ.jpg

In the evening today, same day as the first picture the solenoid stops at 18.00 and my tank PH starts to go lower.

ttP731D.png

The tank probe is calibrated and works fine in fluids. I do have a gasreduction chamber to my reactor and its not sunked into the water, its dropping from roughly 12 cm above the water in the sump.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you clarify on your graphs which is the tank pH graph and which is the reactor pH graph?

Hope this helps. pH_Tan's ph is on the left of both pictures and pH_Car is on the right

Calcium reactor starts at 13.20 due to my apex code not letting the solenoid open if tank PH is below 7.7

DqkF7RE.jpg

Evening picture, calcium reactor stops reciving co2 at 18.00. Also the time where my sunset kicks in.

soSLLBU.png

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the pH of the tank is rising due to the light cycle, not due to the reactor being on.

It seems reasonable to consider pH raising methods, such as more fresh air to the room, to a skimmer inlet, a CO2 scrubber on the skimmer inlet, or using limewater.

This has more:

pH And The Reef Aquarium
http://www.reefedition.com/ph-and-the-reef-aquarium/

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good read! Since my tank just got all its livestock moved i decided to re-acclimate my corals to my radion xr30w pro gen3. Would my PH see an increase when the light reaches its goal (roughly 15% more of the total effect) due to increased photosynthesis?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good read! Since my tank just got all its livestock moved i decided to re-acclimate my corals to my radion xr30w pro gen3. Would my PH see an increase when the light reaches its goal (roughly 15% more of the total effect) due to increased photosynthesis?

It might, yes. :)

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried having the window open for 5 hours now with the skimmer airhose outside. It had no impact on the ph

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried having the window open for 5 hours now with the skimmer airhose outside. It had no impact on the ph

Try the aeration tests described in the article. :)

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue has been resolved with an airline taking air outside to the skimmer along with properly tuning my skimmer :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back