LPS ID

Marine Flora

marine planted tanks
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody want to take a stab at id'ing this guy..

IMG_0988.jpg

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first guess would be something along the lines of Micro diminuta... Could be a Favia of some sort, too, though...

OP
OP
Marine Flora

Marine Flora

marine planted tanks
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what my guess was also. i picked it up at a store that had a sale. at first glance i thought it was a acan bc of it orange and green stripes. you can't see the orange only under actinics.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so does anyone want to show pics of the difference b/w a favia, and favites? i'm not much into LPS, but i do hear local club members argue over it from time to time.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What, they are arguing because nobody is begging them for a piece of their super cool favite with blue underwear???

:D
Laurie

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:
What, they are arguing because nobody is begging them for a piece of their super cool favite with blue underwear???

:D
Laurie

yeah basically, one guy got a favia a year ago (the head club guy), and all the other wanna be rich kid peons bought a bunch of favia/favites so they could all call themselves cool and try to make it the next "craze". another reason why they are prob upset about zoas being hot right now, since their favias didnt get hot on the market .

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Favia the corallites do not share a polyp wall each polyp has a seperate wall around the polyp. Where as in Favites the corallites share polyp walls with each other...So I would say that brain is actully a Favites sp....Because the corallites are sharing the wall with each other.

Back