LRS fish eggs

laga77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased some LRS fish eggs to try to add more variety to the fishes diet. I have 52 fish in 6 tanks and feed only fresh, frozen, or live foods, plus dried algae. Out of the 52, there are 4 pairs of Dragonets so the eggs were mainly for them. Six out of the eight gobble up the eggs and the other two just ignore them. We`ll have to wait and see if they ever come around, maybe they are just not hungry. What came as a surprise was how my PBT and Purple Tang go after the eggs. Out of all the fish, they attack the eggs the most. Another surprise was that my Golden Hawkfish eats the eggs. He goes after the ones that are clumped up. He is my only fish, outside of the Seahorses and Pipefish, that do not eat the live worms I offer. Blender mush, chopped shrimp, and krill were the only things he would eat so another addition is great to see. If you can find the eggs, they are a great addition for the health of your fish as they are packed full of HUFA.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback and I am glad the LRS marine fish eggs are working well for you! Since these eggs are harvested fresh from the bellies of fish in NC and frozen onsite they have an incredible nutritional panel. The rapid processing and freezing ensures less degradation and these are not dyed, or treated with preservatives. Many of the eggs have been sold to aquaculture facilities to supplement broodstock nutrition, but any LRS dealer can order them with their monthly order. As you mentioned the DHA/EPA levels are amazing and seem to be higher than any eggs I can find available in the hobby.

More info about this product and the Fatty Acid test results are on our website here: http://www.larrysreefservices.com/lrs-fish-eggs.html

As a side note, these eggs are frozen intact in their natural egg sac with all the natural juices so the feeding response is incredible. It makes fish go wild when the thawed and the unrinsed eggs hit the water.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back