OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple pics under the blue led. New tenius are starting to color up nice. This one has alot of potential and the yellow is starting to get reddish polyps.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your 'no names' all coming from your LFS?

Some from a lfs and some on eBay, some from #motorcitycorals at the Indmas frag swap, pretty random

[/QUOTE]
This is gorgeous! What's it's name? [emoji7][/QUOTE]

That's the RR orange passion, same coral in blue led above, the pic you attached is daylight, and thx! It's a fast grower

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good-looking collection!

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's time for an update. I've had some diatom issues for a bit and finally figured it out, they are slowly going away thankfully. Like a dummy I didn't check my rodi like I should have been. But the colors are really popping right now. Enjoy the daylight pics.

This is the bluest milli I have ever seen

RR OP

Walt Disney

Reefpets ultraviolet

Had this for about two yrs, very unique piece that's coloring up nicely.

Under blue led

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Reefpets ultraviolet looks very similar to the 'reefpets' photos. What placement in your tank is yours? Mine does not have the white/cream branches, rather predominantly purple, but it's high up in tank.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep that guy high in the tank getting hit with around 500 par. Its under a mix of t5 and led's. My ati t5 has 5 t5's in it and 3 e5's.

Yea, its pretty similar to Gary's photo's. It took quite a while to color up, but once it colored up and started to grow its been consistently growing pretty quick. I look for it to double its size in the next six months. Its probably 5" right now. That being said I got a iron patriot at the same time and its still a 1" nub after 1.5yrs.......a nice color though! lol Gotta love the sticks, they are very inconsistent for me.

What kind of light is it under?

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Luke.How are you liking the e5's now?Do they give you the blue pop like a Reefbrite would?

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gary. I have had two E5's for over a year now, they give good blue led pop. I added a blue led similar to the e5's that aquarium specialty makes. I honestly like that one better as it doesn't bow and gives off more par and seems brighter. That being said i'm still waiting for someone to come out with a led bar that has 3w led's in it that directly replaces a t5, i mean if we are going to do it, lets do it right......

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gary. I have had two E5's for over a year now, they give good blue led pop. I added a blue led similar to the e5's that aquarium specialty makes. I honestly like that one better as it doesn't bow and gives off more par and seems brighter. That being said i'm still waiting for someone to come out with a led bar that has 3w led's in it that directly replaces a t5, i mean if we are going to do it, lets do it right......
Is there a lifespan on the E5's?Still knocking around the idea of changing lighting from LEDS.I would love to go back to Halides not sure if i want to deal with the heat from them.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a 400w over my frag tank : ) no heat issue's. The E5's are suppose to last 8yrs. I will admit its nice to not have to switch out and throw away every bulb when i replace them.

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep that guy high in the tank getting hit with around 500 par. Its under a mix of t5 and led's. My ati t5 has 5 t5's in it and 3 e5's.

High up in the tank under LEDs. Unknown PAR. Maybe in time it will develop similar color.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back