Lymphocystisis

fishyfishyfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to every one I have just noticed my Coral beauty approximately 8 years old has this virus. She had HLLE in past and it has appeared in its scar and a very small spot on her tail. I was going to get her into QT but I'm worried the stress would be horrible on her. Any advice on treatment that can be done in DT that's coral safe? I'm thinking she is just getting old and has a declining immune system. The only problem she has ever had was the HLLE. This appeared within 24 hours!

IMG_1028.JPG

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That poor thing. That whole area on the head was damage cause by HLLE? How long ago had it healed? Can you get a clearer picture?

OP
OP
fishyfishyfishy

fishyfishyfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I can at lunch tomorrow the erosion stopped 2 years ago but she never looked normal after. The color and scales never came back. We came to the conclusion it happened from a carbon change,I did a 50% water change and ditched the Carbon and ordered better brand, that was forever ago but she is still scared and apparently susceptible. I did take other pics but quality was poor lights went out directly after

IMG_1024.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

OP
OP
fishyfishyfishy

fishyfishyfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that's not a bacterial infection??
No I am not I just noticed a few hours ago and had little time to evaluate before lights out. I have 2 changes that have taken place in 7 days 1 was 2nd dose of vibrant per once a week. The next was I scrubbed algea from rocks in RO water and a new but still boiled scrub brush

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell from that picture. It could be a bacterial infection like reefahholic mentioned. Her dorsal is a bit tattered on the back end and the tail being split like that tends to lean more toward infection. That area on the head would be a prime spot for it as well. I would prefer the best picture you can manage before coming to any other conclusions.

Is she still eating? Breathing normally?

OP
OP
fishyfishyfishy

fishyfishyfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell from that picture. It could be a bacterial infection like reefahholic mentioned. Her dorsal is a bit tattered on the back end and the tail being split like that tends to lean more toward infection. That area on the head would be a prime spot for it as well. I would prefer the best picture you can manage before coming to any other conclusions.

Is she still eating? Breathing normally?
Surprisingly yes and active. I couldn't imagine how bad this would feel, I will get a better pic at lunch tomorrow. I hope with her age and previous injury she gets over this.

OP
OP
fishyfishyfishy

fishyfishyfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprisingly yes and active. I couldn't imagine how bad this would feel, I will get a better pic at lunch tomorrow. I hope with her age and previous injury she gets over this.
Also she gets in the Long tentacle anemone and picks at bits it spits out or leave
We will do what we can to help you with her.
Thanks so much! I will get those ASAP

OP
OP
fishyfishyfishy

fishyfishyfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She was behind rocks at lunch so I won't have a better picture until this evening. I do agree with bacterial infection. It happened too fast imo to be cauliflower. Would melafix help this or do suggest something else?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would melafix help this or do suggest something else?

I've only had limited success using Melafix to treat mild infections.

For this, I would perform a 90 min acriflavine bath followed up by antibiotic treatment in a QT.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back