MACNA roll call

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So everbody's going to MACNA right? Let's talk about who's going what days and if someone plans to meet another member in person for the first time, we could set it up here. I'm sure this thread will gain speed as August approaches, but I figured I start this now since I know when I will be there.

This thread is not just for people I want to meet, but a place for everyone to communicate with each other. May the festivities begin!!!

Last edited:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be there Thursday morning thru Sunday. Always a fun and busy time meeting old friends and new ones.:) Don't plan on sleeping and take off the week after to rest up. Went to my first MACNA in 1991.:)

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be there Friday only and this will be my first MACNA. I'm stoked about being in the same room with hundreds or thousands of other reefers talking about what we love!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John, I can tell you one day is not enough.:) I have met so many people over the years that try to come to only one day of the event. An once there its like OH NO what did I do not going to all three days. You can send the whole time in the vendor hall and never get to a talk. Believe me I did that.:)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be there Friday thru Sunday.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John, I can tell you one day is not enough.:) I have met so many people over the years that try to come to only one day of the event. An once there its like OH NO what did I do not going to all three days. You can send the whole time in the vendor hall and never get to a talk. Believe me I did that.:)
I am expecting it to be like going to Vegas for the first time. A little overwhelming and not enough time to do everything you planned on doing. It will be lots of fun regardless and after I get my feet wet at this one, I will be able to prepare better for the next one.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be there Friday and Saturday.

bump3rb33tl3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing the fam with for a mini-vacation before school starts. We plan to make that Saturday our MACNA day. This will be our first, Im super excited!

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to be there Wednesday through Monday, assuming all goes well with my upcoming back surgery. It will be nice to not have to worry about actually running the event this time. I literally went into the hospital two days following MACNA in San Diego. I don't think I sat down more than 5 minutes at a time, but that is what it takes to run the show. It will be good to see some MACNA friends again.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Planning Thursday - Sunday. Looking forward to it! Be sure to bring a food binging budget for this year too! We gon' be in Nawlins y'all!!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope to make it for at least a few of the days. I hear New Orleans is beautiful that time of year! :confused::rolleyes:

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how do you think we should go about meeting up? Facebook group, text message group etc? I would love to meet up just to talk and hangout for a bit. Not necessarily over dinner or anything like that though... meals will be reserved with my wife;)

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of using this thread as a means of establishing a time to meet at the R2R booth. For example: @Broadfield I would like to plan on meeting after the talk at 3 on Friday. Let's shoot for around 4 PM. Here's my cell number so we can communicate faster as we get closer to our meet time. (706) 577-6849

Or we could set up a group private message to do the same thing. I prefer on here so that way others can see when an individual will be there. There have been members here that I communicate and get a laugh out of all the time, and it'd be nice to shake their hand or give em a big hug.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing the fam with for a mini-vacation before school starts. We plan to make that Saturday our MACNA day. This will be our first, Im super excited!

Wish they would make this earlier in the summer so I could do that. School will have already started for my kids. I won't be able to go to a MACNA until all the kids are out of school unless we have one in Dallas again which is highly unlikely.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back