Malachite Green test?

AmatuerAuer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The battle with my Blue Hippo and Quarantine continues... cupramine didn't work so now I am trying Malachite Green.

Which test kit is best for malachite green?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The battle with my Blue Hippo and Quarantine continues... cupramine didn't work so now I am trying Malachite Green.

Which test kit is best for malachite green?

As far as I am aware, there is no hobbyist grade test kit for malachite green. It's primary use is for ammonia burn, cuts, injuries, etc. in a short term bath solution: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/methylene-blue.257467/

Refresh my memory ... What exactly are you trying to treat your Hippo for??

OP
OP
AmatuerAuer

AmatuerAuer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question, my blue tang (and only the tang) showed various degrees of ice and one larger growth on its side. Most the spots were white, a few were black. All have since disappeared with exception of one ich spot. I treated with Cupramine and Prazipro.

There is a Kole Tang, Blue Powder, 2 Clowns and a fox face sharing the 50g QT. They have all been there since September 21st.... After 90 days I had a mini outbreak of ich. Heartbreaking.

OP
OP
AmatuerAuer

AmatuerAuer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the size the larger spot could certainly have been lymphocystis. I didn't count total days on the fish. I was taking the preventative approach using Prazi and Cupramine, now using hypo and prazi - no cupramine (1.009sg). How would I change my treatment plan if it was lympho?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the size the larger spot could certainly have been lymphocystis. I didn't count total days on the fish. I was taking the preventative approach using Prazi and Cupramine, now using hypo and prazi - no cupramine (1.009sg). How would I change my treatment plan if it was lympho?

No known treatment for Lympho exists; the fish carries the virus for life. Maintaining excellent water quality and feeding vitamin enriched foods will usually clear symptoms whenever flare ups occur.

OP
OP
AmatuerAuer

AmatuerAuer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the rest of the tank has already been exposed.. including in QT.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the rest of the tank has already been exposed.. including in QT.

Luckily Lymph isn't known for being deadly. It's simply ugly like a cold soar in humans. Getting them in top condition with good water quality and lots of healthy, vitamin enriched foods will help get rid of that for you.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back