Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sameer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone help me , white spot my marine fish, I don't know what to do .....Please help me

Last edited by a moderator:

reefchaser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you that a lot of people on this forum will tell you to quarantine your fish to a another tank. I have to say that is going to be the best way to get to get rid of ich. I went a different route. I turned my heater up right away to 80 degrees. I did a couple of big water changes. I put a uv sterilizer in. I also went and bought garlic from LFS store and put a couple of tsp in my frozen food. I have been a month with no ich.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All your fish have it?
What are your water parameters?
Do you have corals and inverts in the tank?
Are you capable of setting up another tank for a QT, and start a Hyposalinty on it?
How bad is it? Couple of spots? Covered in it? Are your fish still eating?
You could FW dip wach fish and that woukd initially kill the parasite, but youd still need to gdt them to eat.

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you that a lot of people on this forum will tell you to quarantine your fish to a another tank. I have to say that is going to be the best way to get to get rid of ich. I went a different route. I turned my heater up right away to 80 degrees. I did a couple of big water changes. I put a uv sterilizer in. I also went and bought garlic from LFS store and put a couple of tsp in my frozen food. I have been a month with no ich.

Couple of notes. Increasing tank temp will only result in the possibly speeding up the life cycle of Ich, but will do nothing to get rid of it. In fact by turning the temp up, you are decreasing the amount of O2 in the water which is not something you want for fish trying to fight off Ich! A UV sterilizer (when properly sized) can certainly help control Ich, but more than likely will never eradicate it from a tank. The common UV systems in our hobby are simply too weak, with too much flow to kill off all Ich. And finally garlic can most likely help get a feeding response from a fish, but if it is already eating, it won't do anything additional to fight Ich.

OP
OP
sameer

sameer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Fox face  and dr. Wrasse is white spot , my tank is 50 gallon,  some live rock,  live sand,  what I do for white spot ?

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White spot, or spots? How bad is it? That will determine the correct course of action. Can you upload a couple of close up pictures of the affected fish?

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way to truly eradicate marine ich from your tank is to remove all fish from the display and treat ALL your fish in a seperate tank. THere are many threads that explain the process. Do a search and you will find your answer. The other thing to remember is that you must run your display fallow, (fishless) for a minimun of 6 weeks, 12 weeks to be certain. Read up on the life cycle of the parasite. You are only able to see the signs of the parasite in one of the three stages of its life cycle. Just because the spots dissapear doesn't mean they are gone. More likely they are just in one of the other two stages of its life cycle.

hunter0906

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
works for me whenever I have problem with ich always do this and it works pretty good the ich disappear

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
works for me whenever I have problem with ich always do this and it works pretty good the ich disappear

A fresh water sip is a temporary solution. The visible signs disappear but this only addresses one stage of the life cycle. Once the fish goes back into your tank it will become reinfected unless you rid your tank of the parasite. There are only three proven ways to defeat marine ich, copper, hyposalinity, and tank transfer. All three have their pro's and con's. do your research and do what you think is best.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back