MarineDepot.com's Best Protein Skimmer of 2013 is...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Aqua-Maxx ConeS In-Sump Protein Skimmers!

Despite entering the market midway through 2013, the AquaMaxx ConeS series has become one of the industry's most sought after skimmers. It will likely eclipse the company's flagship HOB skimmer in sales this year if AquaMaxx is able to keep up with the demand. The attention to detail in the ConeS is undeniable. From the strikingly innovative bubble chamber to the subtlety of the handgrip on the collection cup, the design refinements in this line are likely to push other manufacturers into rethinking their approach.

AquaMaxx-ConeS-CO-1-In-Sump-Protein-Skimmer-99.jpg

[video=youtube;e39_byHZNNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e39_byHZNNw[/video]

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Is the co1 to big for a 60 cube with a sump underneath?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Is the co1 to big for a 60 cube with a sump underneath?

The CO-1 would be a perfect fit. It requires 6.3" x 8.7" of space for proper installation in your sump and a water level of 8" - 9.5" is best for quiet operation.

socal619

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
i was torn between the C0-1 and the EM200, i went with the EM200 so i can have a heavier bioload. only thing that sucks is waiting, these must be in high demand lol. MarineDepot is the best, shipping is super fast so i dont mind waiting.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
i was torn between the C0-1 and the EM200, i went with the EM200 so i can have a heavier bioload. only thing that sucks is waiting, these must be in high demand lol. MarineDepot is the best, shipping is super fast so i dont mind waiting.

Thank you for the feedback. We certainly appreciate the kind words as well. Yeah, unfortunately these skimmers are in such high-demand AquaMaxx can't build them fast enough. I guess that's a good thing for AquaMaxx, but it does make things a bit tough for us because we know people want them (heck, even some of our staff do, too) and we are often unable to immediately fulfill orders. So we definitely appreciate your guys' patience!

scastillo813

View Badges
Reaction score
Setting up a 120g with a 30-40g sump. What skimmer would be best for a reef/fish setup?

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
slightly off topic, but I just ordered an aquamaxx hob1, heard nothing but great things about it and it now has the cones tech!

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
slightly off topic, but I just ordered an aquamaxx hob1, heard nothing but great things about it and it now has the cones tech!
The HOB-1 is an awesome skimmer! I used it myself for two years with great results. With the new bubble plate and larger collection cup on the new models you will get even better performance. Let us know how it works for you.

-Robert F.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The HOB-1 is an awesome skimmer! I used it myself for two years with great results. With the new bubble plate and larger collection cup on the new models you will get even better performance. Let us know how it works for you.

-Robert F.

will do. Im actually pretty excited to get it. didn't think I would be going back to HOB equipment, but setting up a tank in the office, and dont have an AIO or want a sump.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
will do. Im actually pretty excited to get it. didn't think I would be going back to HOB equipment, but setting up a tank in the office, and dont have an AIO or want a sump.
I'm sure you will be impressed and it looks cool too! Be sure to start with the collection cup at the highest level and slowly drop it down as the skimmer breaks in. This will help avoid overflowing the cup during the break in.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Of course, but thanks for the tips. another great thing, it has an overflow drain for the collection cup. It really does seem like a well designed, awesome functioning item. and yeah, it looks good too. After much research, it came down to the HOB1 or the RO hob90. it was a toss up, but I decided I liked the internal pump, and a few of the other design features of the HOB1

Last edited:

jamie callard

View Badges
Reaction score
I known this is an old thread how does aquaxx co3 compare to other skimmers out now a days

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
The CO-3 is definitely still one of the best skimmers and a staff favorite. The Sicce pump with the custom AquaMaxx needlewheel impressively chops up air bubbles and the air diffusers do an excellent job minimizing turbulence so the skimmer is able to remove protein very effectively.

Last edited:
Back