Maxspect Ethereal Review

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the only thing u can do is change the Color but to pretty much any color u want besides black . For me I'm not paying almost 400 more for the radion for the moonlight to be on a schedule. That's just crazy. So if your looking to get one I highly highly recommend it

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you wan't moonlights on the Ethereal you have to turn them on and off manually...?

lambchops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marineland?

So this light doesn't fit on normal aquariums...?

I got an answer that they do not make a stand for standard rimmed aquariums. That is an unfortunate downfall to a great light.

Concerning the moonlight I feel like they should add that to the programming. It would be nice to have it follow a natural moonlight cycle. I foresee this change in future updates.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an answer that they do not make a stand for standard rimmed aquariums. That is an unfortunate downfall to a great light.

I was going to say that is just downright silly - but it isn't silly, it is stupid!

Why on Earth would you not make your bracket fit on standard aquariums?!

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone with the Ethereal post some pics of the light with just the moonlights on?

Thanks!

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.... what moonlights?

The ones on the light - around the fan...?

maxspect-ethereal-led.jpg

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to their YouTube video the fan light acts as a moonlight - at 5:00:

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I would call the fact that they do not fit on standard rim aquariums (the vast majority of aquariums) and that modifying (cutting into) the rim to make them fit voids any aquarium warranty (and probably any insurance claim if something went wrong) - a minor inconvenience... ;)

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running one for a few months over my new 50G cube. I've got a few pics over on my build thread HERE. So far, its been great- it's easy to set up, lighting looks great, gives the tank a really nice shimmer and the unit itself is very cool. Since my tank is rimless, didn't have any mounting issues and on my 24x24 cube the coverage is great. I'm still really trying to dial in the settings in terms of spectrum and intensity. At first I was running it a full power but when I added SPS they were fading out so I've dialed it back to 60%-70% and I'm seeing better color and extension. The controller app is pretty good, though I wish it had an independent intensity slider so that you could dial in your spectrum on each light and then adjust overall intensity, the way some other controllers do. It would also be nice to be able to put fan LED (which does make a pretty nice moonlight) on a lunar cycle and sync the Ethereal with the Gyre. I've read that full integration is coming but don't know when.

In all, I like the light very much and think that it's one of the best options out there. Hoping to continue to get it dialed in and will post some updates.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back