Maxspect ethereal

jamesamantha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the first preset. I did turn down channel 1 to 65 and channel 2 to 55. My plate was sucking in from the light. With this setup it is more blue biased....maybe 14k'ish. Jury is still out on this setup.

I put the moonlight on purple and it is enough for me

jamesamantha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just using the fan light as a moon light and it is at 100 on red and 100 on blue. Kind of purplish tint.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.png
Did any of you guys have trouble connecting to the icv6 I can get to a certain point then that's it as soon as it's connecting then gets to 100 percent it says choose a wifi then I do then that's as far as I can get back to square one

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then went to Maxspect support to ask support I fill out the claim ticket once I hit send it in the next page is all in Chinese

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.png
Did any of you guys have trouble connecting to the icv6 I can get to a certain point then that's it as soon as it's connecting then gets to 100 percent it says choose a wifi then I do then that's as far as I can get back to square one

I did at 1st mine didn't come with the instructions, ha. Maxspect has a YouTube video to show you how to set it up was easy after I watched it

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I watched it and i did to a t what was showed in the video and it still came up. But right after I posted this I found another thread with the same problem I was haveing and somone said you have to have your location turned on in your phone so tried it that way and no problems so you have to have ur location on which is pretty Skechy if you ask me Maxspect is spying on us. But to sum it up after the 2 hours of freaking out its a really nice light and can't to see what else it can do

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another question for you guys on the Icv6 power plug does it make a high pitch sound the black square box for the outlit because mine is super load? Also is there a way to turn the moon light off or does it stay on all the time thanks for the help

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think iff you take the moon light to 0% is cona be off I do not notice any sound from me icv6 also I have it behind the tank .

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the light corals love it , coming good vith me XF 230 and ice cap skimmer.

Last edited:

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea over all I am loving the light but I do wish you could put the fan light on a schedule like the rest of the light so say I could have a moon light on for a couple of hours after the main light goes out but all and all it is a really really nice led

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one two in black Friday sale, to replace the older version of nanobox duo (2 channel). So far I like it with some frustrations. And it's surely an upgrade to nanobox.

For the light, my corals definitively like the Maxspect Ethereal better. days after switch they already started color up like never before. Light seems more spread, par go from 200 on the middle of sand bed, 20" down, to 350 on top of rock work, 9" down.

I also love the control of 5 channels, especially the presets. I'm running on a custom based off #2. The color of preset is surprisingly good. It saved me lots of headache at finding the perfect color combo.

The mount is awesome, especially after the long suffering from nanobox's ****** gooseneck. But for me it's a bit unfortunate with its limited angle. My tank is 30" x 18". I want to put it in the middle, high enough to cover the full width. However, in order to have it sit in the middle from front to back, it has to be in the lowest position. And in that position, it can only cover to about 24" width. If I put it high enough to cover the width, it will need to go so forward that the front edge of the light is reaching the front of the tank, and the back of the tank, where the major rock with is, will not have enough light. So I end up buying a Kessil A80 to cover the other 6" width. (And their shapes look pretty harmony next to each other =P )

The major headache from it it's its app. For one, the initial connection is slow. Every time I launch the app it takes quite some time to find the controller. Secondly, the custom settings are not stored in the light, but it's in your app, means if I won't see them if use another devices. I found that out when trying the app on my iPad, wiped my schedules, and having to set it again from my phone. Since then, I deleted the app from all my devices except my phone. Do not expect it to work nice with more than one control app installations.

On the plus side of the software, unlimited sections of time in lighting schedule is so great. In comparison, NanoboxC's bluefish only has 4 sections is very limited in what you can do. The preset is a good example that slowly turn the color towards the color of ATI blue plus, then turning it down for the day, really shows me a different perspective of my tank.

One feature I do miss a lot from nanobox if the moon phrase function from the bluefish controller. Ethereal's ambient light is very capable moonlight, but it has no scheduling control at all. I can only set it to a set value. I would hope they will add moon phrase to the controller in the future.

Basically, this light a package of awesome hardware with suboptimal software. The good thing is, software can be easily updated. But on the other hand, it might never get significant update. But overall, I still like it the best, among the other lights that I have (nanobox duo, Kessil A160).

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do wish you could put the moonlight on a schedule that's is one thing that bothers me but I love the light

__Jreef__

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another question for you guys on the Icv6 power plug does it make a high pitch sound the black square box for the outlit because mine is super load? Also is there a way to turn the moon light off or does it stay on all the time thanks for the help

I get that small buzzing sound from the AC plug, I did open a ticket and got a replacement but still does the same.
I was recommended to use an iPhone AC plug so that work to stop the sound.

You can turn off the moon light by lowering all colors to 0%.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back