ME Polyp Extender review needed

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends,

With only a pair of clowns in a 85 gallon tank and 15-16 frags of sps, I am finding it difficult to maintain detectable nitrates and phosphates .
While I keep working on increasing the bio load, I have been advised to try ME Polyp Extender which seems to increase nitrates without increasing phosphates .
Any suggestions or advise from people who have used them ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't that just AA (amino acids)?

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends,

With only a pair of clowns in a 85 gallon tank and 15-16 frags of sps, I am finding it difficult to maintain detectable nitrates and phosphates .
While I keep working on increasing the bio load, I have been advised to try ME Polyp Extender which seems to increase nitrates without increasing phosphates .
Any suggestions or advise from people who have used them ?

Regards,
Abhishek
ME Polyp Extender won't increase Nitrates or Phosphates. As Diesel said, it's just AA. That being said, my SPS love it! To increase Nitrates & Phosphates you'll need to increase your bioload (add fish) or feed heavier, or dose something like Spectracide Stump Remover. (Pure Potassium Nitrate).

I was in the same boat with my SPS. I'm dosing SSR now and will be adding fish in the next 2 weeks. Since dosing SSR my SPS have really colored up and increased growth. I'm keeping my Nitrates at <5 now.

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bronc - Thanks for the reply ..
I actually thought that pure Amino Acids will result in increase in nitrates and that's what ME owner Mark says even in the video . But wanted to get a first hand experience with someone who has used it .
Have you observed any rise in Potassium with the addition of SSR ?
My potassium is already at 420-430 and dont want to add to the fuel of it .

Regards,
Abhishek

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bronc - Thanks for the reply ..
I actually thought that pure Amino Acids will result in increase in nitrates and that's what ME owner Mark says even in the video . But wanted to get a first hand experience with someone who has used it .
Have you observed any rise in Potassium with the addition of SSR ?
My potassium is already at 420-430 and dont want to add to the fuel of it .

Regards,
Abhishek

I've used the recommended dose of PE for almost 6 months and my nitrates never got above 0. I don't test for Potassium, but from what I read the increase is negligible with SSR.

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the recommended dose of PE for almost 6 months and my nitrates never got above 0. I don't test for Potassium, but from what I read the increase is negligible with SSR.

Thanks @Bronc . Really it helps a lot with a newbie like me struggling to find answers .
I already got ME Polyp Extender and thinking of starting with less than recommended dosage, then up it to the actual dosage and then go even higher..

Fund this video where Mark says we can easily go overboard if not registering nitrates as tank might be soaking all in .

Regards,
Abhishek

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Bronc . Really it helps a lot with a newbie like me struggling to find answers .
I already got ME Polyp Extender and thinking of starting with less than recommended dosage, then up it to the actual dosage and then go even higher..

Fund this video where Mark says we can easily go overboard if not registering nitrates as tank might be soaking all in .

Regards,
Abhishek

Wow! I wish I would have seen this video long ago. Looks like I could have increased the dose of this to get the nitrates I was looking for all along!! ( I will say that SSR is wayyyyyy cheaper!!)

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bronc - well even I just found the video only yesterday .
Planning to slowly start the AA and increase the dosage as needed so that I can reach atleast nitrates around 3-4 ..

Regards,
Abhishek

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back