OP
OP
re76

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went down this morning to check on him. He is still in the sand. He is slightly pressed up against one side so I can see him in the Tupperware container.

I saw him move a bit so I know he is still alive. Just going to continue the waiting game I suppose. He has to be getting hungry soon.

OP
OP
re76

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he was out of the sand tonight. He wasn't too interested in eating yet though.

I think he forgot where he found the sand though because now he is trying his best to get underneath the PVC elbow in the tank. Poor guy, I wish I could show him the container of sand but I think I would just scare him more.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he was out of the sand tonight. He wasn't too interested in eating yet though.

I think he forgot where he found the sand though because now he is trying his best to get underneath the PVC elbow in the tank. Poor guy, I wish I could show him the container of sand but I think I would just scare him more.

He'll figure it out. Some fish handle QT much better than others. Of course, even the fish that act all stressed out and drama-queenish during QT can do fine otherwise and become an active and beautiful addition to the tank. My Kole tang was like this. I never saw him the entire 76 days in QT. I had to use a flashlight to be sure he was alive and what condition he was in. So skittish and crazed in QT, but bold and playful and active in the display. Some fish are just weird. As long as you can get him eating (even a little) and he appears to be fine otherwise, then he'll be fine once added to the display.

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just keep trying small amounts of food. If she is not tanking the frozen, you will have to go to live. Did she eat frozen at the seller?

OP
OP
re76

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep trying small amounts of food. If she is not tanking the frozen, you will have to go to live. Did she eat frozen at the seller?

Yeah I watched it eat frozen at the store. He fed it for me just before I bought it.

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I watched it eat frozen at the store. He fed it for me just before I bought it.
Awesome, then it is just a matter of time. My Melanarus was the biggest drama Queen on the planet. She kept me worrying for weeks. They can only hold out just so long once they are out of the sand. I would keep the lights out and just use ambient light for now, to encourage her to stay out and explore the tank. Mine ate after two days out and exploring. I would mix one cube a day, keep it in a little cup in the fridge, warm just a bit before offering a teaspoon to the tank. I would offer three to four times daily depending on if she is out. Once she is eating, you are good. just keep offering small frequent meals. She will fatten up in no time.

OP
OP
re76

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he has back in the sand for the past day or two. I have a hunch that he is coming out during the day while I am at work and then going back into the sand before I can get home and check on him.

I think this because before I went to work yesterday I put three spectrum pellets into the tank and when I got home they were nowhere to be found.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back