Meredith's 180 In-wall happy place

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated before, tank look great and look really healthy with the transition for 75 to 180:)

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the new build! Where did you get the dry sand from?

Thanks!
I ordered it from our supplier at the store. Remember, I work at an LFS so I have some connections. I forget the brand, but it's common enough. I simply ordered it dry instead of wet so i wasn't paying for water weight when I got a 20lbs bag. You get more sand that way. :)

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good!
Thanks Cam!!

Wow, your tank looks amazing! You've gained a new follower! :D I, too, love the Tangs!
Oh awesome! Thanks so much! You'll really love it when I start adding the new ones I have in mind then. It's going to get interesting once the fish room is complete.

redsea01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Cam!!

Oh awesome! Thanks so much! You'll really love it when I start adding the new ones I have in mind then. It's going to get interesting once the fish room is complete.
I can't wait! I'll keep a close eye out! I currently have a 180g on my way, and I have a Salfin and Blue Hippo in my 125g. I would love to add a couple more, but I'm a little scared...haha. Hopefully my current ones won't mind.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait! I'll keep a close eye out! I currently have a 180g on my way, and I have a Salfin and Blue Hippo in my 125g. I would love to add a couple more, but I'm a little scared...haha. Hopefully my current ones won't mind.

it can be tricky and I'll be getting with the fish guys later to decide on the order of adding them for sure. I'll update with the results of that as well.

redsea01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it can be tricky and I'll be getting with the fish guys later to decide on the order of adding them for sure. I'll update with the results of that as well.
Awesome, sounds like a plan! I hear that changing the rockscape can help, but honestly that's quite a pain. :rolleyes: And I've also heard about adding new additions at night. Of course, it seems like the best option is to add them all at once so they don't have a chance to develop territory, but that's not always very feasible, especially with larger setups. Like adding four or five tangs at once would kill the wallet and maybe the beneficial bacteria as well, lol.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, sounds like a plan! I hear that changing the rockscape can help, but honestly that's quite a pain. :rolleyes: And I've also heard about adding new additions at night. Of course, it seems like the best option is to add them all at once so they don't have a chance to develop territory, but that's not always very feasible, especially with larger setups. Like adding four or five tangs at once would kill the wallet and maybe the beneficial bacteria as well, lol.

Yup. It can get tricky! I'm going to try to find a solid middle ground that won't break the bank or my biological filter.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diatom City!! Things are opening up nicely however. I also have a CUC coming in the mail tomorrow.. which reminds me that I need to check on the tracking of that shipment. Enjoy the pictures!
FTS January 2017.jpg
january 9 2017 A.jpg
january 9 2017 B.jpg
january 9 2017 C.jpg

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOVE! Such a cool aquascape BTW! What is coming as part of the CUC?
webicon_gray.png
Assorted Hermits*
webicon_gray.png
Blue Leg Hermit Crab*
webicon_gray.png
Dwarf Planaxis
webicon_gray.png
Florida Cerith
webicon_gray.png
Fuzzy Chiton*
webicon_gray.png
Nassarius Vibex
webicon_gray.png
Nerite Snail

I verified that they don't have fish - at all- in any of their systems, so I'm good to go on putting them in the display. I was pretty annoying about it actually and they were clear in responses so I'm 99% confident in putting them in the display instead of QT. I might lose my nerve and put them in the QT last minute lol

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! Wish I had the money up front to get my 120 going....but slowly plugging away with getting equipment....hard to do though with trying to remodel a house

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! Wish I had the money up front to get my 120 going....but slowly plugging away with getting equipment....hard to do though with trying to remodel a house

Thanks! Don't I know it... I could have remodeled my kitchen for what I paid for this tank and all the stuff going into the fish room. Of course, you all know why the tank won in that debate ;) . The kitchen will have to be next year's project... or since it's already next year, then it will be this summer's project...maybe.... if there arn't any amazing live sales..... oh who am I kidding? At least you're getting the house done! Great job on that!

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Don't I know it... I could have remodeled my kitchen for what I paid for this tank and all the stuff going into the fish room. Of course, you all know why the tank won in that debate ;) . The kitchen will have to be next year's project... or since it's already next year, then it will be this summer's project...maybe.... if there arn't any amazing live sales..... oh who am I kidding? At least you're getting the house done! Great job on that!
It's a slow moving project...a lot of time and money...

LDH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread, love your tank, think you are fantastic and am so appreciative of all the advice you give on here. Question, what would be your process for quarantining your cuc? In their own tank? For how long? Any treatment or just observation?

Also to make you feel better... maybe... I just renovated my kitchen and am thinking about the amazing tank upgrade I could have done with that money

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back