OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet your husbands sigh was a 'I told you that would happen, should of had shoes on'

Probably... But he was wearing flipflops too!
You might also put plastic sheeting on the inside of the drywall to protect it from moisture.
We are going to use the same paint on the inside along with that pinkish/purple foam stuff. Definitely plan to protect the walls and everything around the tank as best we can. :) Thanks!
This is awesome, can't wait to see the outcome. I hope to one day to have my own fish room and large tank. Nice job!
Thanks for following! It was a dream of mine as well. Take your time getting there. Nothing good happens fast. ;)

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm going to be in so much trouble tonight! Cherry Corals live sale and I ended up with 10 corals!! I really shouldn't do these sales since I get so caught up in it. Oh well. I did get some pretty great stuff, but I could have bought a skimmer for what I paid. ;) Guess the skimmer will have to wait. One week until "demo day" !!

Thanks!
Oh no, not the live sale before a major purchase... LOL, it happens to us all. The skimmer will always be there for the same price. But these corals... you'll never ever find another deal like you just scored! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, not the live sale before a major purchase... LOL, it happens to us all. The skimmer will always be there for the same price. But these corals... you'll never ever find another deal like you just scored! :rolleyes:

I know it! They are all so pretty and Richard wasn't nearly as mad about it as I thought he might be. He figures I got a pretty good deal, but I can't play in the live sales until after christmas now. :D

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meredith, I haven't even read your first post here about your in wall tank, but have saved the thread as I'm starting a 125g in wall reef. I'll read it all tomorrow. Good luck & have fun !

tcarter1936

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for following! Your plumbing looks great there... thanks for the idea! I'm still fluid in these areas so it gives me something else to think about. Did you drill the tank for your returns or are they looped up and over? Can I see a picture of that part?

Thanks! I'm going to need it! I just dropped the stand on my toe. lol :rolleyes:
Looped up and over, I'm just using the two holes in each side. Each corner box has one full siphon and one emergency with a ball valve on each full siphon line
The tank is so silent sometimes I have to go in the fish room to check everything

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be fun and educational for me! Thank you and congrats! Following for sure!

Awesome! Totally a good chance to learn from all the things I will do wrong lol.
Meredith, I haven't even read your first post here about your in wall tank, but have saved the thread as I'm starting a 125g in wall reef. I'll read it all tomorrow. Good luck & have fun !
Congrats on the 125!! Thanks for reading and following along :D

Looped up and over, I'm just using the two holes in each side. Each corner box has one full siphon and one emergency with a ball valve on each full siphon line
The tank is so silent sometimes I have to go in the fish room to check everything

Cool! I'll have to work out a plan for that and run it by my husband. We've got a few plans for the plumbing we are kicking around. For now I'm totally focused on getting the tank in place and the electrical and wall work done. I'll start posting sump plans and plumbing pretty soon after this construction is done.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been meaning to ask. How is the foot? Still thinking it is just a bruise?

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been meaning to ask. How is the foot? Still thinking it is just a bruise?

Thanks for asking! It's fine now. It doesn't hurt when I touch it anymore and the only lasting effect seems to be my messed up pedicure.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the sump put together today at work. Actually my boss did it while i held the baffles and made jokes. Lol. Cost = nothing
1478916519222.jpg
1478916522638.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice boss and a nice sump. Another successful day at the office!!!

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice boss and a nice sump. Another successful day at the office!!!

Yeah, he's pretty awesome. He pretends to be crabby but really he's pretty cool. I'm really happy with the result. It's just so simple. Specifically designed for the skimmer I'm getting and the return pumps I'm using.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice sump. Your bosses silicone work makes mine look like it was done by my 2yr old.

See? I told him that same thing and he scoffed at it. He says it's a mess, but it will have to do. :rolleyes: I told him he should have seen the job I did on my current sump. It's pretty messy and with black silicone lol.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back