Status
Not open for further replies.

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes... You don't believe, so therefore your opinion and belief are fact... LOL funny.
You simply reply 'LOL' to questions like this yet still haven't managed to actually show that our inexpensive setups are as capable as you're claiming they are. You are believing it without knowing it is happening, unlike others who require more evidence instead of belief.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it is not a fact, it is a misunderstanding if you believe that to be true. Adding one gas to a bubble will not force other gases of a different chemical into the water. Even if it did, you are suggesting it pushes out more than its own volume.

For pH to rise, CO2 MUST leave the water, and if CO2 leaves the water, the bubble gets larger.

There is no alternate viewpoint. Adding gas to bubbles (with no other change) does not ever make them smaller, does it? No, it doesn't. :)

Oh Randy... I would like to think that you are trolling on this one.
Especially with a Chemical background and being well read. I believe you are jesting.

Diffusion is the movement of something moving from an area of high concentration to a lower concentration.
Natural diffusion and natural osmosis works very similarly.

Now place a semi-permeable membrane in the mix... Once again... natural osmosis/diffusion would tend to migrate things from the higher concentration to one with lower.

How do we stop this?

You apply pressure against the normal diffusion or osmosis...

The same principle applies to gas diffusion into water... where water surface is the semi-permeable "membrane"

Apply a high enough concentration of CO2 stripped air by using a CO2 scrubber on the air supply to the skimmer or an airpump and you can positively tip the dissolution of atmospheric air (O2 and N2) to a point of equilibrium in the system while degassing the CO2.

reverse_osmosis.jpg

CO2Scrubber_001.png

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You simply reply 'LOL' to questions like this yet still haven't managed to actually show that our inexpensive setups are as capable as you're claiming they are. You are believing it without knowing it is happening, unlike others who require more evidence instead of belief.
I have not seen your contribution to science, Ben. Please read the responses.
All I see from the skeptics side is "speculation" that things are bad for certain things... Observations, opinions and NO FACTS.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it is not a fact, it is a misunderstanding if you believe that to be true. Adding one gas to a bubble will not force other gases of a different chemical into the water. Even if it did, you are suggesting it pushes out more than its own volume.

For pH to rise, CO2 MUST leave the water, and if CO2 leaves the water, the bubble gets larger.

There is no alternate viewpoint. Adding gas to bubbles (with no other change) does not ever make them smaller, does it? No, it doesn't. :)

Is there a gaseous saturation point of water, Randy?

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you not see this?

Micro to Micro-Nano.png

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok. Once again this thread is going south with people getting contentious. The staff has agreed that this conversation has run its course (and frankly we're quite tired of asking people to avoid personal attacks). There's lots of great info to read through here, and we appreciate everyone's contribution to that info, but at this point, it seems the prudent thing to do is close this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back