Microscrubbing... I'm Ready to Try It!!!

Armydogracing

Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been injecting micro bubbles 24/7 via sicce 1.0 pump into my first chamber before the socks and have noticed my ph is really stable and skimmer is skimming more.

I was injecting them via airstones into the tank but was going though a lot of airstones and didn't like the idea of putting them in the DT

This way I believe Im achieving the same thing without filling the DT with micro bubbles

20161027_190137.jpg
20161027_190123.jpg

Aznxgqboyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to try this and have it controlled of a apex unit, maybe like 15 mins an hour. All i need is a air pump and airstone? Which 1/4 needle valve do i get? I see theres a couple on the usplastic site.

1/4" OD John Guest x 1/4" OD John Guest PVC Needle Valve?

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to try this and have it controlled of a apex unit, maybe like 15 mins an hour. All i need is a air pump and airstone? Which 1/4 needle valve do i get? I see theres a couple on the usplastic site.

I ordered the 1/4" Hose Barb x 1/4" Hose Barb on the OP's recommendation.

Aznxgqboyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens :) Post up some pre-scrubbing bubbles tank shots. I'm interested to see before and after pics.
I just wanted to do it for fun since I have an air pump laying around and some extra hoses, just need to order the wooden stone and needle valve. Here is the tank now, if I can get more skimate im all for it
20161027_202221.jpg

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to do it for fun since I have an air pump laying around and some extra hoses, just need to order the wooden stone and needle valve. Here is the tank now, if I can get more skimate im all for it
20161027_202221.jpg

Wow man, that tank doesn't look like it has any issues :) If you can get more skimmate then all the better. Good luck :)

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20161027_202221.jpg
This tank already looks good and clean. What are you nutrient levels? Maybe some close ups of corals to see if growth improves.

Aznxgqboyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank already looks good and clean. What are you nutrient levels? Maybe some close ups of corals to see if growth improves.
I have all soft corals at the moment, im living on a third floor apartment and dont know how long ill be here so really cant move onto sps corals until i find a place to stay for years. As for nutrient levels I last time i check nitrate was around salifert 0.25-.5? Just a little tint of pink. Po4 0.08 hanna. I do like 10 gallon water change a week its about a 80-100 gallon system all together. Im sure ill see something out of running the microscrub maybe i can pull out more skimate. Ill do a 3 day skimming before and 3 day after the microscrubbing to see if it helps on that area. My sump is pretty basic also, skimmer, return pump, activated carbon in a reactor, I had a fluidize sand filter but took it off line because everytime i turn off the pump for the sand reactor it will siphon/back flow and get clogged.

20161031_152018.jpg

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all soft corals at the moment, im living on a third floor apartment and dont know how long ill be here so really cant move onto sps corals until i find a place to stay for years. As for nutrient levels I last time i check nitrate was around salifert 0.25-.5? Just a little tint of pink. Po4 0.08 hanna. I do like 10 gallon water change a week its about a 80-100 gallon system all together. Im sure ill see something out of running the microscrub maybe i can pull out more skimate. Ill do a 3 day skimming before and 3 day after the microscrubbing to see if it helps on that area. My sump is pretty basic also, skimmer, return pump, activated carbon in a reactor, I had a fluidize sand filter but took it off line because everytime i turn off the pump for the sand reactor it will siphon/back flow and get clogged.

20161031_152018.jpg
with improved water clarity, I'm almost willing to bet you would be able to take your carbon offline. Just a thought.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks., thanks for all the participation so far. I really didn't think this thread would go this far. I have a problem.... an algae problem. it's gone nuts the past 2 weeks and is covering everything, ugh. I wanted to share done before pics in hopes that bubbling clears it up. For the rec
20161031_182637.jpg
20161031_182600.jpg
20161031_182511.jpg
20161031_182420.jpg
20161031_182359.jpg
20161031_182352.jpg
ord, I don't use gfo or carbon. I have plenty of both and 2 reactors that aren't being used, but I want to see what these bubbles can do done my nitrates have dipped so quickly.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't even know what kind of algae that is

Aznxgqboyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My naso tang take care of any rocks i put in the tank that has hair algae if your looking for something natural. Cant say that all naso tang do but both of mine does. The algae on your overflow ive never seen that before also lets see what the microscrub can do

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody here cook??? It's always nice to try out new recipes, especially if they come out real good tasting. Once you have enjoyed eating that dish, you want to share it with someone else so that they can have the same experience you had. Then they will probably share it and so on. That's how information gets passed around. there is nothing to gain other than the pleasure of knowing that you helped add to the quality of life of the person that received the recipe.

Microscrubbing is like a recipe for success in my reef aquarium. I've tried it, liked it, and am passing it on. To me, it has shown the the greatest amount of positive results in the shortest amount of time. Also, the fact that it is one of the cheapest pieces of equipment on my tank makes me like it even more. I hope you like it and will pass it on as well.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really appreciate that you have put this thread together. The other thread about micro scrubbing was so full of drama that I had to bow out after about 15 pages
Not a problem, man. I went to college in Birmingham out on Hwy 280, Jeff State Community College. I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill over there. I used to hang out at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Hoover. I lived there from 2008 to 2012.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back