Midas Blenny with a big white spot…

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you in favor of Cupramine or coppersafe?

Coppersafe all the way. Cupramine comes in second on the copper scales for me. They are both good products and will do the job, coppersafe just seems to do it with more types of fish and with less harshness.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coppersafe all the way. Cupramine comes in second on the copper scales for me. They are both good products and will do the job, coppersafe just seems to do it with more types of fish and with less harshness.

I plan on keeping a lot of wrasse and i learned from Humble just today that wrasse do better with coppersafe than cupramine :)

jimw21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby reef has a whole line of reef safe products. You can treat for velvet, brook, and ick in you display with zero ill effects. Rubyreef.net

jimw21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to their videos. I am surprised nobody talk more about this stuff

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby reef has a whole line of reef safe products. You can treat for velvet, brook, and ick in you display with zero ill effects. Rubyreef.net

I purchased ruby reef combo last night on bigalspets.com while the rest of my medications. I like trying new things and this sounds pretty awesome.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to their videos. I am surprised nobody talk more about this stuff

We know tons about it. Sadly Ruby Reef Rally is the only useful product simply because it contains Acryflavin ( Which I can't spell). The other products are useless and not recommended.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We know tons about it. Sadly Ruby Reef Rally is the only useful product simply because it contains Acryflavin ( Which I can't spell). The other products are useless and not recommended.

Is this correct? The kick ich supposedly disintegrates the swimmers on fresh hatched ich rendering them helpless and they die because they cant feed, and require continued dosing 3 weeks after last seen ich spot. The hydroplex is used as a fish dip in a container. It then kills off any pests and bacteria in 10 minutes.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see why there is good faith in the rally as it has specific ingredients known to be useful.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread illustrates perfectly why a test kit is a necessity when dosing copper.

Many people seem unsure of the color reading when using an API copper test kit; but just like with anything new, the more you use it the more comfortable you will become with it.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this correct?

Meh.... It's only my opinion and should be taken as such. You and anybody else can form their own and I respect those opinions. I won't recommend any of the other products especially when there are much better products out there that work much better and have been proven time and time again.

jimw21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used kick ich in the past and had perceived success. This was on a fresh water tank though. I will absolutely use it on my reef display if warranted.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see why there is good faith in the rally as it has specific ingredients known to be useful.

^^ Exactly. We know Rally contains acriflavine and we know that is an antiseptic capable of reducing the possibility of infection through skin absorption. There is also evidence to support the assertion that it is useful at removing surface parasites (in both FW & SW fish) and fungal infections (in FW fish.)

Ruby Reef is not as forthcoming about what is in their other products, so who knows for sure what these "mystery ingredients" do and do not accomplish. o_O

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep both FW and SW tanks. Could rally be used as a broadband treatment for a new fish QT as procedure in place of other meds like prazi, metro, copper, kana, and furan? Naturally we want to avoid copper if possible. Just because there is a product like Rally wouldnt mean im not going to QT anymore, but it sounds like a great option if there is an outbreak in the DT.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep both FW and SW tanks. Could rally be used as a broadband treatment for a new fish QT as procedure in place of other meds like prazi, metro, copper, kana, and furan? Naturally we want to avoid copper if possible. Just because there is a product like Rally wouldnt mean im not going to QT anymore, but it sounds like a great option if there is an outbreak in the DT.

For bacterial infections, I look at it as more of a "first aid" antiseptic to be followed up by prolonged antibiotic treatment in a QT.

For surface parasites, it is best used as a 1-2 punch, after a FW dip. Treat with copper or CP in a QT afterwards.

For prazi resistant worms, acriflavine in ineffective and formalin should be used instead.

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I bring the level of copper up to a therapeutic level how long do I have to keep the fish in this tank before I can add them back to the display tank?

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention this bit I have a melanarus wrasse that was too quick to catch so I left him in the display tank. I believe that he fought off the ich or velvet and seems to be completely happy and healthy. But if I don't take him out of the display will my clowns and Blenny get it again when I eventually add them back?

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanurus wrasse are very hardy, but leaving it in the tank is a problem. If you cant trap him and get him out you might want to try treating the tank with the Reef Rally combo. Otherwise, if left alone the wrasse could become a host and youll go through it all again.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back