Mike and Terry's 300g Reef

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I can't believe the frustration of going threw that ordeal! I had a 200 gallon marine land deep dimension and ended up selling it and downgraded but a 300?? Wow.... You must have had a slopping mess across all your ground floors and even any leaking into the basement if you have one! What a mess! I had a few sump mishaps but not an entire tank drain! Ugh! I def would have considered doing the sell it all and get out of it but then again I have been doing this hobby for along time as well! Everything looks marvelous! Livestock and even tank stand and all looks awesome! Having that low level sump looks much cleaner and easier to work around! Nice job! Cheers!

Reef_Hobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M&T, I have been following your struggles while in the middle of a very large build of my own so it has been a bit unnerving seeing some of my fears actually happening to you. And at the same time you have handled them so well you have given me some peace of mind that no matter what happens, its not the end of the world. It can be devastating and costly and yet you have learned and adapted and most of all persevered. I feel sad about what happened and wish you the best of luck going forward. Thanks for sharing your story and turning it into something positive and even helpful to others. :D

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike&Terry, love your male Genicanthus semifasciatus. Did you buy your male already with full colors or did it convert in your tank?
Reason is that I have a female for a couple years now and she is fat and healthy. Finally found two healthy smaller females and I am currently creating a harem. I've created many harems with dwarf angels in the past but this is my first swallowtail made harem. As of last night I noticed my bigger dominant females' color had begun to change. I'm really excited to see the progression from female to male. I'm trying to see how long it takes to make the full transformation from other experienced hobbyist. So far I've found a post that says 6 weeks but I'm just checking out others experiences with this change.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They got the new tank but have been super busy! Hopefully we get an update soon!

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back