OP
OP
ARVERLY

ARVERLY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Looking forward to watching this develop..really cool idea with the spectra light conversion.

Question on the siporax reactor- have you used this media before? Could you tell me the benefits and why you use them?

Thanks! Yes, I've used Siporax in the past. I've also used Marinepure cermedia blocks before but I've read that those may leach aluminum.
The Siporax increase beneficial bacteria growth. You may want to do a quick Google search to read about the pros.

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along with this for sure! You're can cook a steak with that light lol. Just set up my 170 with a gen 4 XR150 pro. Loving the light so far. You going to control it with the wxm?

What's the control box made from? Really like it.

OP
OP
ARVERLY

ARVERLY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along with this for sure! You're can cook a steak with that light lol. Just set up my 170 with a gen 4 XR150 pro. Loving the light so far. You going to control it with the wxm?

What's the control box made from? Really like it.

Yes, I'm gonna use the WXM to control the light. The control box is made out of 1/2" plywood and MDF board.

brogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, let me know how you like the HOG.5. I probably won't add anything else, except for upgrading the skimmer down the road to a Deltec SC1351. I'm also thinking about converting the ATO section in a fuge but we'll see.
Yes, Factory ATO gets old quick.....I ordered a 5 gallon acrylic container for alongside tank with a Tunze nano. Opened up so much room in sump area for Algae Scrubber and UV Sterilizer.

brogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered Siporax, anything you would have done different when assembling mesh/siporax for where bubble trap was? Also did you keep any of the foam for trapping bubbles?

OP
OP
ARVERLY

ARVERLY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered Siporax, anything you would have done different when assembling mesh/siporax for where bubble trap was? Also did you keep any of the foam for trapping bubbles?
How much Siporax did you end up getting and which size?
No, I'm pretty happy with the amount of Siporax that I used and I think I won't need foam to trap micro bubbles.

brogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much Siporax did you end up getting and which size?
No, I'm pretty happy with the amount of Siporax that I used and I think I won't need foam to trap micro bubbles.
Got both sizes, 1Liter of 15 and 1Liter 25. Please tell me that will be enough?! Stuff aint that cheap!

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad your lid came out well. I was going to order 2 from them, but there was a rash of issues posted a couple of months ago and it seemed they wouldn't make it right for the customers.

It looks great. Nice build!

OP
OP
ARVERLY

ARVERLY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Working on the aquascape and can't decide which one!

brogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have the siporax in place exactly as you
Plan, and its looking good, worried about micro-bubbles but we will see. Think I need to seed it at all?

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!!

JTreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I like the 3rd one the best. Seems like it will be easier to place frags out of shadows. Better light over the whole scape

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back