missing fish

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow....what a pain in the butt, but how awesome is that? Incredible...you think it hitchiked in on something? Thats awesome that the aquarium staff will come get him, I guess they'll put him on display? Sorry he made dinner of your really nice fish though.

OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah lost my pair of true black onyx clowns they spawned ever couple of months and my tank the percs cost me a good amount of money. well ladys and gents it looks like the reef has to be taken apart ahhh im so mad i took me for ever to the the rock the way i wanted. i will keep u posted

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ouch... man, I'm just glad you didn't come in contact with it while doing the rockwork... good luck with it and pls keep us posted...

OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys well after the whole episode we had to tear down the reef to get him out well we finally got all the rock out of the tank and low in behold guess what happens next just as we were getting ready to pull the rock out he inked all in my tank but we got him in his little house but the water is dirty from the ink well i asked them to take picture when they put him in his new home and they said they will they are going to be contacting me to unvale him in like 2 weeks at the exibit so im glad i got him out but know thier is countless hours of rescaping and water changes to clear the water look like i will be calling out of work tomorrw wil get pics of him as fast as i can from them

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it pollutes the water, i think potential damage would depend on amount of ink released and total volume; it certainly has the potential to kill a tank.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefwifey just told me about this and I had to come back and read it. Crazy I tell you!

You've got a good guardian angel!

plaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this turn out? Did the water changes and carbon keep you from loosing everything? I hope so! If not, I will be glad to send you frags of what I have free to get you started back - just let us know what you lost as I am sure others would pitch in if they have replacements.

OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well all went well after 40 gallons of water changs thank good for my ro di water container of 50 gallons running carbon did help out alot but some were down during the whole thing i lost some of my prize palys lost my spongebobs my redwines my ppe and lost my purple deaths i have no idea were they went if they got stuck in the rock work or got burried under the sand looked every were but u know hoe frags can be lost. i have to go get the pictures from the aquarium they have him set up in his own tank and they said he is doing good. PLAZ THANKS FOR TH OFFER OF SENDING ME SOME STUFF ITS TOTALY UP TO YOU IF U LIKE BUT I KNOW THE THE ONES I LOST ARE QUITE HARD TO COME BUY. I WANT TO THANK ALL OF U FOR REPLIING TO THIS THREAD AND CARING ABOUT HELPING ME BUILD UP MY COlLECTION BACK UP AGAIN.i cant belive how freindly everyone is here compared to some boards not to be be mentioned here. i did move alot of my other colonies to my 55 tank wich they are all a little stressed it seems. but i hope they all make it
thanks again. joe

plaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I'm glad it doesn't seem like a total loss. I'm sure it has exhausted you this week!!! I'm afraid you are right, I don't have the ones you listed to provide a frag. I did just get a couple of them from Rommel - but they are still just single polyp frags at this point.

Keep us in the loop. If you have more losses that are not quite so exotic I might be able to help you out. Or... if you want to wait about a year I can offer you a frag of my single polyp exotics:)

Kevin68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry for your losses but happy you are still in the land of the living to tell about the incident! One thing is puzzling me, blue rings are considered to have a lifespan of about 2 years and you said the rock is 5 yrs old, so i wonder if an egg (about the size of a pea) came in on something else you bought?

Either way I think you are very fortunate, kinda like being in a field in a lightening storm but not getting struck!

EDIT: I did some more reading and a few sources claim their lifespan is only about 6 months, but I haven't confirmed that as a fact yet.

Last edited:

illcssd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, what aquarium took the octopus for you, im going to ct soon for work and would like to see it...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back