Mp40 or Neptune WAV

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great write up! I remember you from another forum years ago lol Your tank belongs in magazines! Absolutely amazing work!

IMG_4278 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! And funny you say that, as I just submitted photos and story for the tank to be featured in Reef Hobbyist Magazine. Editor said it will be in one of the next two issues.

Giddyup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a spec algae, not a spec of coralline ? Is this a Mirage? Where can we see and read about your filter systems, maintenance methods?

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a spec algae, not a spec of coralline ? Is this a Mirage? Where can we see and read about your filter systems, maintenance methods?

You can sift through my build thread for answers, although they may not be that obvious. Or I can just tell you right here lol. Also, my tank is going to be Tank of The Month on this site for the month of March. It will include a complete writeup of my entire system, how/what I do to maintain everything, products/equipment used and so on. I am very proud and fortunate of how clean my tank looks at all times. Trust me, I know how difficult it is to have that balance to be able to grow coral, but not have nuisance algae, dirty sand etc.

So what I do is actually really simple:

Use zero TDS RO/DI
Do a 15% water change every Sunday
I run bio pellets
I run GFO
I dose ZeoBak and Prodibio BioDigest per instructions
I feed LRS Reef Frenzy 3x/day... I have Anthias lol.
I feed Coral Frenzy 2x/week

That's it! I also "disrupt" my sand every other day. Here are some current pictures... that pic earlier was from 5 months ago.

FTS by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

End Tank by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

Left End of Tank by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

Gonioporas by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own two mp40's and sold my wavs. The last ones are excellent, but would do a better job moving water farther, since it is more of a "beam of water".

The mp's are a gentler, wider flow but travel shorter than the Wavs.

Im running two mp40's in the rear glass, so I opted for gentler flow, and the mp 40's are less intrusive to the eye than the wavs, if you are looking for a pump that is more hidden to sight.

For the flow left-to-right I opted for a gyre 250.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the same situation now, just need 1 pump, already have apex and using 1 mp40 on 1 side. Need to buy 1 pump for the other side, it’s for Reefer 350. It was a Jebao but then it went bad. Any recommendations?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd rather pick up another MP40 if you're already in that ecosystem, or a XF330 gyre. WAV's either seem to be fine or die shortly after warranty expires (a year). As a side note, if they die it will usually also disable the 1link module / eb832, and anything attached to the other 1link ports until the pump is disconnected.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mp40 over wavs, their wet sides were rusting, but they have seemed to fix that. The waves notoriously fail. My service buddy has over 10 sitting non operational

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back