Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

rvamarcel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... What's the easiest/safest way to use this thing (the original, nothing added, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser) to clean the though algae near the sand bed? Just by putting my arm inside the tank or has anyone created some kind of MagSafe magnet mod? I was going to use a blade until I read that thing is safe to use (which makes that product even more awesome).

As always, one more question... what's the best way to stick a rock to the back wall? I though about magnets, epoxy and superglue, but last time I used epoxy inside the tank I made a mess so big that I almost banned myself from the hobby (although I must say the epoxy that I bought was the fluval marine epoxy and it was as useful as using playdoh for the same purpose -in my newbie opinion)

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So... What's the easiest/safest way to use this thing (the original, nothing added, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser) to clean the though algae near the sand bed? Just by putting my arm inside the tank or has anyone created some kind of MagSafe magnet mod? I was going to use a blade until I read that thing is safe to use (which makes that product even more awesome).

As always, one more question... what's the best way to stick a rock to the back wall? I though about magnets, epoxy and superglue, but last time I used epoxy inside the tank I made a mess so big that I almost banned myself from the hobby (although I must say the epoxy that I bought was the fluval marine epoxy and it was as useful as using playdoh for the same purpose -in my newbie opinion)
For the mr clean eraser, you also have the potential to get sand stuck, so why not use a razor!. Its easier to glue the frag on the back wall, when the area is covered with corralline algae(tend to stick better opposed to gluing on glass).

OP
OP
rvamarcel

rvamarcel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the mr clean eraser, you also have the potential to get sand stuck, so why not use a razor!. Its easier to glue the frag on the back wall, when the area is covered with corralline algae(tend to stick better opposed to gluing on glass).

On the razor: I don't know... maybe I just should do that. For some reason it makes me think I'm going to scratch the glass in some way.

On the wall mounting/glueing: it is a Galaxea that is on a midsize rock... i can't find a safe place on the medium height on the rock work, so I'm getting creative, I guess (sometimes that's not a good thing...)

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
On the razor: I don't know... maybe I just should do that. For some reason it makes me think I'm going to scratch the glass in some way.

On the wall mounting/glueing: it is a Galaxea that is on a midsize rock... i can't find a safe place on the medium height on the rock work, so I'm getting creative, I guess (sometimes that's not a good thing...)
Lol im chicken with razor blades and especially!!!! Scratches myself, but the sand and corners, ill do by hand with a razor. Home depot sells a aluminum stick you can attach a razor too, makes it easier to reach down. But yea if its a heavy heavy rock, its going to take alot of glue thats for sure. And a galaxia! Sounds cool, just be carefull not to keep some corals in its flow path because they tend to have a nasty sting.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so why not use a razor!
As long as you use a new razor and don't move it side ways it will not scratch. I owned a glass shop for 13 years. I have replaced many windows that were scratched with a razor. Every time it was an old razor or the person let it go side ways.

I use Magic Erasers on my tank. Me and my wife had a disagreement about using them. She said I should not use them. We went to The Living Sea Aquarium last week. We did a behind the scene tour. I pointed out a shelf full of Magic Erasers. That was worth the extra for the tour.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a believer now, it works with little effort to take out that crusty green algae lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back