my 240 build

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well iw ill just retype this all out.

starters i have a 72 x 30x 24 Atm built tank reinforced square bars supposed to be an inwall but moved from las vegas to washington so now it is a garage tank. filtration consist of the black rubber made livestock feeders a 50 gal and a 100 gal. both gravity fed from the tank. then pumped back in by a iwaka 70rtl. some things a good friend made me skimmer and also a wave box. My garage set up is ugly but it works I could careless about looks in the garage in the house well thats a different story. but i have the 2 vats side by side next to the tank all water goes into the 50 gallon over filter floss and then gets skimmed and hit the lower vat over a scrubber then live rock then back to the tank. I bought used live rock here locally then killed it with bleach for a week or so. then changed the water fresh rodi then placed in the tank with a couple bottles of dechlorinator. now it is all cycling. equipment list consist of see below

closed loop dart on 2 swrils and 3 1" outlets
one return from a 70rtl
diy skimmer "The Beast"
3 6100's tunze one in a diy wave box with controller I have a nice 1.5 in wave going in the tank
ca reactor forgot the name rated for 400 gallons
diy kalk reactor I will probly buy one better then use the diy
250 lbs live rock
barebottom
sps dom tank
I plan on going with the biopellets instead of all this dosing
water changes are just a couple valve flips water change system. puretex 100 with booster pump.
400w m/h galaxy ballast also plans are 10k with
vho supp
2 ice cap led bars for barry white mode at night fishey love.
ATO through kalk reactor.
rkl ca monitor and also ph and (orp will not be used)

in the photos you wil see all the bulk heads drilled in the tank 2" is a drain also the 3 inch are drains also the one next to the 2" bulk head is the return the lower 3 are closed loops and the 2' in the middle is the input for the dart close loop. with the 2 1" sea swrils on the top.

my plans are 2 modded mj1200 on the bottom of the tank to keep things in suspension to get sucked up by the skimmer there is another 2" bulk head being the wave box it is capped off for later use I plan on tieing a 100 in to the tank for all softies later. the return will work off a back syphon for the water change i will measure out 20gallons and turn off the pump to back syphon 20 gallons out and add 20 gallons at the same time in the sump turn both valves back off and return to pumping water back in the system.

live rock also place in the tank is just that just placed in there for now tomorrow I plan on doing the aqua scapping. and making the water movement best for my situation. hiding all the wires I can. with 2 islands of rocks and a couple loan structures in the middle I want to hide also the wave box as best I can. stuff will be glued to it clam shells and what not to place corals.

flow lighting and water quality is my goals i want the best of all three. to have sucesful system main task is keep the temps stable as this WASHINTON STATE weather is all out of wack hot until noon the cold.

better here is a vid of it see it in work. and it is still in process of putting it all together .

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are coming along nicely Justin!! LMK if you need a hand with anything.

OP
OP
L

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been working on this ling like a slave in the sheets my wife is about to put me out of the house i got busted with the amount of money i been spending lol. o well

thanks Roscoe I got plans for your help by helping me fill this bad boy lol

it is all plumbed not been running for a few weeks ATO to kalk reactor is up and running for a couple days now next task is to figure how to auto shut off my rodi unit. so my tub stays full or I need to buy bigger storage tanks. and use these for waste water for my kids garden. just a few more Items I need co2 bottle and bulbs and enductors for the closed loop. so I can finsh my aqua scaping.

I am thinking of putting a black background from acrylic but i have to measure and buy locally. probly not the best decision I will make here in WA. or just leave it and wait for the coraline to cover it. I could care less it is not in my living room. it is stuck in the garage. ....

buying the rest of the material for the lamp hanging kit then the neighbor will come measure for skinning this in the garage.

Roscoe hit me up when you get a chance.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Justin I can ship you like 3 pieces to tile the back so it don't get broke in shipping and it would be cheap...
Lmk man you know how we do it....*** free toe lay!!***
you won't see the seams when it is in the water anyways...;)

OP
OP
L

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on flying home next month or begining of july I might just fly it back with me i got to have my buddy finish my sleeves. i seen peoples work up here lines are too dark and thick for my liking. i may hit you up on that offer. ps let me know on those media reacotors also how much to ship them bad boys up. and I am waiting for the blue hornets to gro a few more heads before i ship them out seems like when i frag it i new head pops up lol

OP
OP
L

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks tanksalot
I built sideways as the tank is built for inwall set up so thats why all the plumbing is off to the side on it plus i have to keep room for the wife to park in the garage.

lee did you see the wave box in action?

OP
OP
L

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man this thing works like a champ I have to get the correct controller for it and I plan on getting a 6200 for it also have the waves rocking and the fish knocken and is dead silent also. I will shoot another video of it tomorrow got to love the Iphone lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back