My new to me tank. 33 Gal

audikers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Here is my tank. It is a 33 gal with a HOB filter and a powerhead. I got it used from someone, and now I'm just getting it established at my house. It has its problems. Which I will tackle one at a time. Today I will be pulling all the rock out and spraying it all with peroxide. Hopefully it will get rid of all the bad stuff growing on the rocks. I also have to try to deal with the bubble algea appearing. We will also be doing a water change today. Wish us luck.
We have 3 main inhabitants. 2 clowns (Bonnie and Clyde) and a golden coral banded shrimp (Jesse James) for the amusement factor I will share that I am a Jail Deputy and all my fish friends will be named after famous criminals anyway! Just sharing! Here are our other inhabitants:
1 neon green hammer coral
1 bi color hammer coral
1 rainbow clove
1 Ricordea mushroom
1 pulsating Xenia
1 rock anemone
1 Aussie lobophyllia
1 Kenya tree coral
1 Duncan coral
1 stunner chalice
Multiple zoas
1 toadstool leather
1 trumpet coral
1 pyramid favia
2 types of montiporas (sunset and mystic sunset)

IMG_8781.JPG

IMG_8788.JPG

IMG_8839.JPG

IMG_8838.JPG

OP
OP
audikers

audikers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify the green stuff growing on my rocks? Is it hair algea? It literally feels like grass. Also is this confirmed bubble algea?

IMG_8885.JPG

IMG_8887.JPG

IMG_8837.JPG

OP
OP
audikers

audikers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little tank update. We switched the gravel for sand, OH my does it look so much better! And added a little few more coras and a beautiful Valentini puffer!

Have I told you our tank naming scheme? So here goes. I am a correction officer by career, and all my VIP tank mates are named after famous criminals I have Bonnie and Clyde, baby face (Nelson), Jesse James, and tonto

So far the Valentini puffer (baby face) has shown no interest in my corals! Score! I DID however pull my 2 emerald crabs after one tried to eat it!

IMG_9015.JPG

IMG_9045.JPG

IMG_9026.JPG

OP
OP
audikers

audikers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I would update my thread. Did a little re-arranging of rocks and such! My little valentini puffer remains my favorite. He is so darn cute! And such a character!

IMG_9195.JPG

IMG_9193.JPG

IMG_9194.JPG

IMG_9199.JPG

IMG_9116.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool tank! I love the fish names! What are the dimensions on that tank. I like that it seems long and shallow.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back