My QT Plan

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh. CP is $300 for 20 grams. Soooo... yeah. No. :eek::eek:
I just received an order from them last week for 75 gms labeled as Chloroquine Phosphate (Bulk Transfer). It was just shy of $48 shipped to Lexington KY.
They aren't an unknown operation. My Vet indicated that he had dealt with them before for pet (non-fish) medications.

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an order from them last week for 75 gms labeled as Chloroquine Phosphate (Bulk Transfer). It was just shy of $48 shipped to Lexington KY.
They aren't an unknown operation. My Vet indicated that he had dealt with them before for pet (non-fish) medications.
They must have quoted the wrong medicine then. I'll email again.

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still kinda high, but I did read there's a shortage right now.
I get the impression that there is quite a bit of overhead cost (dispensing, packaging etc.) for these small quantities. Incremental increases in qty. cost relatively little. I was quoted $33.95 for 50 gms. (Plus shipping) and the 75 gms. came in at $39.24 ($8.00 shipping).

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get the impression that there is quite a bit of overhead cost (dispensing, packaging etc.) for these small quantities. Incremental increases in qty. cost relatively little. I was quoted $33.95 for 50 gms. (Plus shipping) and the 75 gms. came in at $39.24 ($8.00 shipping).

Excellent point! The more you buy, the more you save. :)

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll ask for a few different amounts.

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Code:
CHLOROQUINE PHOSPHATE POWDER 20gm will also cost $33.95, 30gm will cost $34.88

10 and 20 grams both cost the same. 30 grams is $0.93 more. Super weird pricing!

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing this old thread back to the life....

I had "the talk" with my vet and she's on board! :) Woo hoo! She wants me to provide her with exactly what the prescription should say though. She said, she write prescriptions like "1 drop per eye, twice a day of X medication at this dosage". How would you word that for this? Something to the effect of "so many grams per gallon for so many days"?

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had "the talk" with my vet and she's on board! :) Woo hoo! She wants me to provide her with exactly what the prescription should say though. She said, she write prescriptions like "1 drop per eye, twice a day of X medication at this dosage". How would you word that for this? Something to the effect of "so many grams per gallon for so many days"?
"One time dosage of 40 mg/gal, treat for 30 days" or something similar should work! Best of luck!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All of my CP bottles are currently in storage, but having your vet contact this compounding pharmacy should provide some clarification: http://www.diamondbackdrugs.com/about-us/

Remember, you want the 99% pure powder (if possible) ... NOT the tablets.

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my CP bottles are currently in storage, but having your vet contact this compounding pharmacy should provide some clarification: http://www.diamondbackdrugs.com/about-us/

Remember, you want the 99% pure powder (if possible) ... NOT the tablets.
That's where she is going to send the prescription. She asked me to tell her what it should say and she will send it in.

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's tag a couple of vets for their assistance with this. @DrCooper @jenreefer
It can say add 50mg of powder for each gallon of water for treatment of external parasites in saltwater fish tank. Make sure you get enough for water changes for approximately 30 days of treatment. So If you have say a 10 gallon tank that you want to add it to, you need an initial tank dose of 500mg of powder, then with 5 gallon changes every third day(just an example) you will need 10 X 250mg doses. I would double this so you have enough for a second round of treatment if needed. so you would need approximately 6000mg of powder total. You can decide if you want to add less or more, but this gives the Vet something to put on the label.

just saw the post with the 20 or 30 gm. 6000mg is 6 gm, so 20 gm is plenty, but if you want the 30gm, go for it
Pricing on all drugs is always a minimum then by weight or mg. so yes, might as well get the larger amount. Our drugs are the same way. Never pays to get less.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back