Need fish suggestions please.

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 65g FOWLR tank. I am only purchasing peaceful fish, making it a community tank. Right now I have an Ocellaris clown and a Pearly Jawfish. They both have great personalities, the clown sticks to his favorite corner and comes to the front corner when he sees me, and the Pearly Jawfish stays in his burrow and hovers around it frequently.

As for my next purchase I want a fish that really takes advantage of the whole water column. In the future I want to purchase a diamond watchman goby, but I dont want to make it my next purchase because he also stays along the bottom as well. So I am looking for a fish that really enjoys swimming around and can be comfortable in my 65g tank.

OP
OP
L

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems to be the answer I get most frequently. What are your favorite kinds? Ones that LFS would most likely have?

OP
OP
L

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your experience, how are their tempraments? all peaceful or are some more aggresive?

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine are completely peaceful. Wrasse like sixlines and mystery tend to be a little more aggressive but if you stick with flasher and fairy wrasse your odds are really good for a peaceful community.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are peaceful triggerfish that are active and have great personality. Examples would be blue jaw, white tail, Lei triggers, and pink-tail triggers.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a small Kole Tang. Also I have a couple of firefish that are quite active and the best part is they are cheap!

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on the tang really. Kole tangs stay fairly small but, given your tank is new I wouldnt really suggest it. a mature tank with plenty of live rock for them to graze on is a must.

OP
OP
L

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea , I am looking more into fairy wrasses, but I guess it will depend on which one catches my eye at one of my LFS

MadReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopard wrasse are cool love mine always swimming all over the place. Pygmy Angels are cool also as are dartfish and blennies like midas or canary

Raggamuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would give a dwarf angel a try myself, lemonpeel, coral beauty, flame. But only one in the tank! I would also look into a hawkfish, they tend to be really interactive with their people and make no mistake just because you bought them does mean you don't belong to them. They will follow you around and watch every move you make in the room and when you do something dumb I swear you can hear them laugh....

Anyway the hawks are all peaceful unless you buy a SMALL cleaner shrimp then they will thank you for the snack, expect the clown and dwarf angel to argue for a day maybe 2 until the clown teaches it who is boss then they will get along perfectly fine.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out a midas blenny...

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can have more then 1 dwarf in a tank. My buddy has a potters, coarl beauty and flame angel all in one tank 90 gal. best thing to do is to buy them from your lfs at one time and introduce them to the tank at sametime.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 58 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.4%
Back