Need help asap

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you leave the carbon in last time when your treated with prazi? Pull the carbon for sure!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very sorry for the loss of your wrasse and gramma... They're both charming, beautiful fish.

Carbon needs to be out of your filter while there are medications in the water as a general rule, and if you've got a skimmer on the tank, shut that down while dosing Prazi-Pro. I should think that floss can stay.

Your description of the wrasse's swimming suggests that he may have sustained a spinal injury during whatever excitement took both of their lives . . .

~Bruce

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did copper before doing the Prazi. The gramma just passed as well. Did the FW dip on the "healthy " goby and a couple white things came off of it . Dosed prazi in the qt now . Hopefully the goby lives .
All filter floss and carbon to be removed from hob filters while dosing prazi ?
I believe they need to be removed....could be wrong though. Should have it on the bottle

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all that responded , just want to take the time to say thank you for all your help.
We are always happy to help here!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to be too late here. for the future, this does sound like a fight happened which opened the door to infection. There are gram negative bacteria that act very quickly and can kill faster than velvet. Royal grammas have the potential to be very aggressive (though not all of them act that way) and can do some serious damage despite their size.

It sounds like their injuries were too great to overcome, combined with an infection setting in quickly at the end. Next time you have an injury, right off the bat you can do a Methyline Blue dip to help heal. Acryflavin is good for a dip is good for first aid and helping to ward off infection some.

I hope that helps in the future. I'm very sorry for the losses.

OP
OP
J

Justmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really starting to feel like the Charlie Brown of the fish / Reefing world . Any idea when this begins to get a little more enjoyable and more "successful " lol
"Never give up"

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really starting to feel like the Charlie Brown of the fish / Reefing world . Any idea when this begins to get a little more enjoyable and more "successful " lol
"Never give up"

As you learn things will get easier for you. They may never be easy but they will get easier. Try to take a moment every day to just sit and watch your tank. You'll find all kinds of things to be happy about in there even with the other problems that might arise. The more you learn about these things the better prepared you'll be the next time a problem comes along. I'm sorry for the troubles you've experienced so far. The next time you start up your QT, feel free to post here to get some guidance. You can tell us what kinds of fish, the QT plan and any symptoms you might already be seeing and we can help you adjust your plan accordingly. We don't mind walking with you through the process at all. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back