Need some fish ideas

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1485012971910.jpeg
As you can see my tank looks very empty. I have 2 small clowns and a scooter blenny. Any ideas on brightly colored unique fish would be appreciated. Im thinking about getting a jawfish, but want some fish with more color. Thanks

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your long term plans for the tank? will it be fish only or do you plan to add corals? If so, what type? Do you want a community tank or are you interested in keeping more aggressive fish? You need to start with the end in mind in order to determine what fish would fit into your plan.

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your long term plans for the tank? will it be fish only or do you plan to add corals? If so, what type? Do you want a community tank or are you interested in keeping more aggressive fish? You need to start with the end in mind in order to determine what fish would fit into your plan.
Id like some ricordea, or a giant green duncan. Just some simple coral like those. And id definitely want more peaceful fish, i have a few shrimp i forgot to mention, so nothing that would nip the coral and eat my shrimp.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
longnose hawkfish,flasher/fairy wrasse, gobys,royal gramma...

JTreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses and anthias add lots of color and movement. Just have to make sure the tank is covered.
Jawfish are fun to watch build their burrow. They need 3-6" deep sand and a covered tank as well.
All three are my favorites so far

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My initial thought is fairy wrasse. Not flasher wrasse, fairy wrasse. Fairy wrasse are constantly on the move, non stop. My favorites are fairly common but can be expensive too. Solarensis, exquisite, Scott's, Ruby red head to name a few.

I can't find a single photo to show how spectacular a male of this line can be so you'll have to take my word for it.
RubyHeadFairyWrasse1.jpg

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My initial thought is fairy wrasse. Not flasher wrasse, fairy wrasse. Fairy wrasse are constantly on the move, non stop. My favorites are fairly common but can be expensive too. Solarensis, exquisite, Scott's, Ruby red head to name a few.

I can't find a single photo to show how spectacular a male of this line can be so you'll have to take my word for it.
RubyHeadFairyWrasse1.jpg
Wow they look great! Im gonna look into getting one

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 139 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 82 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.4%
Back