OP
stevec23

stevec23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would Def get an "accurate" kit for N03 and P04 if you don't already have them. LPS can be really sensitive of drastic nutrient swings especially phosphate. There's plenty of evidence on it here and online when people aggressively run gfo and strip the tank overnight.. Same differnce especially if they came from a system that was nutrient rich. Not saying that's the case for sure but it's a good thing to check..

Guessing on it can be detrimental and a headache with more sensitive species if your really ulns and don't supplement. .

I also totally agree with the intensity/duration of your Led's.. They are hard to gauge how strong they are based on eye alone when coming from MH or T5. They are a total different animal and seem dimmer when in reality they are like lasers lol.
+1 agree! Try target feeding and get no3 to 2-2.5
what would be a good way to raise my no3?

DAPG8GT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potassium nitrate works like a charm I've been using it on my newish tank to keep it from bottoming out.. Spectracide stump remover is a cheap option and it's 100% without anything else.. There's plenty of info on it..

Can also use calcium nitrate.. Bulk or by weight of either can be bought on amazon/eBay..

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back