Need some help regarding saltwater aquarium

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys i am new to hobby and looking for help.basically i started my tank like 7 month ago everything was good but last week i bough small coral frags i think 3 of them are duncans and 3 of them are zoas.

1)after leds and corals my liverocks are turning to dark purple and few of them turning to dark brown
2)zoas corals are not growing
3)duncans are growing very slowly
4)i am using sump with built-in skimmer and Marineland powerful filter too

Ill really appreciate if someone help me out

I

Whatnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its hard to tell if they are growing in only a week but what are your water parameters? and have you been using leds or is this new as well. A picture works well to if you can.

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its hard to tell if they are growing in only a week but what are your water parameters? and have you been using leds or is this new as well. A picture works well to if you can.

I think i made a mistake in post.corals are 15 days old in my tank and i am using leds like 3 months ago and i sm not sure about water parameters.

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always clean my skimmer cup in sump and my other powerfilter when i usually change water

Whatnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for Duncans to grow its best to have over 400ppm calcium in the water. usually have to dose to get this reading. As far as the rock coloring we would really need to see a clear picture of them.

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look.corals are small so maybe you have to zoom picture.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I thought that also when I looked at the Zoas. It was on them, also brown diatoms on the top of the liverock. Can we test your nitrates?

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Test it with a Nitrates test kit, we need to determine what treatment you need. If you didn't want to test your water, you could turn your lights off for a day to see if the algea on your rocks would go away some.

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test it with a Nitrates test kit, we need to determine what treatment you need. If you didn't want to test your water, you could turn your lights off for a day to see if the algea on your rocks would go away some.
If i turned off lights it will affect my corals?

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We need to check for nitrates to see if we could reduce the nutrients in the water by a water change routine. Are you doing water changes? Cutting the lights out will not fix a algea issue, but it would show you if you have algea on your rocks by eliminating lighting that feeds it. It will reside some.

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so let me turn off light right now and ill update you guys tomorrow at same time.thanksalot appreciated

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back