OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so i fillup tank and remove one extra filter and clean the skimmer.now the return pump is in water as it should but its making bubbles.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1449947324.223678.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1449947338.917189.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look like it is pulling the bubbles in at the return hose?
Also check the sump and see if the water gong into the return pump is bubbly.

Urbanknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong with my bad eyesight but it looks to me like the problem is not the return pump (If that's it on the left side of the pics). Looks like the drain pipe into the sump is making bubbles to me. Easily fixed by adding a filter sock and insure drain pipe in far enough into the water. Do a google search on how to get rid of bubbles in your sump. You will be amazed at the number if things that can cause them.

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure ill do a research and one more thing that how often i have to feed fishes and corals ?

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah actually when i take pic i just put salinity leveler in tank.right now its on green bars.so thats not a issue

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah actually when i take pic i just put salinity leveler in tank.right now its on green bars.so thats not a issue
So, your hydrometer immediately went down to normal levels? Also, I think you have bioballs in your sump, I would remove those if you are planning on growing corals
Bioballs will always produce nitrate whether they have detritus or not, they don't have the ability to denitrify
Ammonia -> Nitrite -> Nitrate, these bacteria do this under aerobic conditions (oxygen).
Nitrate -> Nitrogen gas (gets rid of nitrate) is done by bacteria under anaerobic conditions (without oxygen).
So live rock, deep sand bed, coil denitrators ect have bacteria in low flow areas that first do the aerobic reactions then as they use up the oxygen it allows anaerobic bacteria to rid of nitrate.
Bioballs were designed for ONLY the aerobic reactions which they do efficiently, they do not accumulate the best bacteria, they miss the boat on getting rid of nitrate, and actually can slow down your denitrators in your system

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually when i capture a pic it was stuck on top but now its normal so dont worry and yeah i am worried about corals so its a good idea to remove bio balls from sumps.my coral growth is due to my opinion is just 5%

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, sorry to see them not doing well. Like other said, test your water for better advice, I just happened to notice your hydrometer on the picture and low water level on your DT and figured you don't have an auto top off system and that your were topping off using saltwater, which would explain the high salinity on that hydrometer. Well, at least we know your salinity is in check now.

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see now, I thought the picture I saw was of your sump lol...those heaters and pumps made me think that. Why do you have your heaters inside your main display when you have a sump anyways

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back