Neptune WXM or Reef link

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone give me a reason why i should get
Neptune Systems Apex Wireless Expansion Module (WXM) and dump the EcoTech Marine Reef Link? I am running (3 )Gen 2 lights and (2) MP40

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both and much prefer the Neptune WXM. My issue with the Reef Link stems from the complexity of control and constant internet connection loss. Apex is much easier to program and I haven't had a single issue with losing connection.

thabizness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both and I'm currently use a reeflink. I have not had the connection issues with reeflink but I did with apex until I hardwired it. I also own a vectra which is not compatible with the WXM. I use acclimate mode on my radions when I need to which is not on the wxm. I also like to use the lunar phases and random cloud cover. I like the control better on the radions with RL because you can modify brightness and overall intensity. Not all functions are implemented on WXM but you can program around many of one's that's not. Programming is easier on the WXM tho.

Long story short they are both good options. They both can be had used under 100$ each shipped and retain their resell value. Both have good and bad qualities. I would get them both and decide then resell the one u don't want IMHO. You really won't be out of anything and you will have the experience in the long run.

I'm running 4 MP40s, 3 radions, and a vectra.

kevinn9369

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my apex it's nice to get the alerts if something goes wrong

Last edited:

thabizness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do still use apex to control everything else. I'll never run a tank without one...

[emoji2]

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back