JoeKooL KoolReef 210 remodeling into 428 display Custom DIY sump net BOOM!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was off r2r yesterday due to babysitting and just saw this post. Is it the @JoeKoolreefvid marquee at the top? Is this is a twitter thing and you can see it there? I am a little confused sorry.

Btw, I do microbubbling also :)

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been working on my stand and mounted my apex gear and such in a floating window on the side of the stand. Almost done with it. What do you think? @Terence @revhtree check it out.
20170217_164106.jpg
20170217_164123.jpg
20170217_173401.jpg
20170217_192633.jpg
20170217_192707.jpg

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fantastic! How does your red monticap not kill the acros in its path? Mine does :( I have to constantly trim it away but grows too fast. I'm to the point of having to remove it.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't kill everything. If I notice it affecting a coral It trim it away right away with no harm. After the photos I trimmed a lot of it back because it was blocking light. I'll get some photos later for you to see.

Also someone asked me once if I was interested in being on the reef squad but never followed through. Still interested.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't kill everything. If I notice it affecting a coral It trim it away right away with no harm. After the photos I trimmed a lot of it back because it was blocking light. I'll get some photos later for you to see.

Also someone asked me once if I was interested in being on the reef squad but never followed through. Still interested.
I trim mine away also. Lol I think it grows faster than anything in my tank! I had already gotten rid of this red Monti cap a long long time ago. Remember it used to be on the other side of my tank this one grew from a speck that somehow I made it down inside of a rock. Also it seems that just cover the rocks as opposed to plating up. Although I think that's because of its location.

Might have been dbl or 143MPCo? Alex- 143MPCo Is who asked me.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been doing any interesting DIY projects lately?
Not really. I plan on reworking my skimmer. I'm thinking about adding a recirculating closed loop aeration pump to it.
I get pretty good results from it and good skimmate but could always do better. The cheaper route I may choose is to build a bigger venture and increase the output of my JCOD DCT15,000 pump to the skimmer as it is only running at 3/4 speed. I would have to increase my drain size too. Hey its only PVC and tubes and not buying another pump with two running. It is a good size skimmer 6'' by 5'.

I'm going to be using my 55 gallon tank I have empty as a quarantine tank and buying multiple fish. So I want the best skimming possible when adding in the fish.

I did figure out why I lost all but one fish awhile back. I had a hydra circ pump shock me in the tank and I assume the stray voltage that was tripping my GFCI was the cause. not sure if I had dormant ick in the tank or what but only my sailfin survived. all has been well and I have two fire fish I added about 8 months ago to test the waters and all is ok.

I will be adding in a UV sterilizer off the return as well.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back