OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to try and clean up the frag tank and get it organized from that big move

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good there bud. Looks like you have things just about where you want it Fish Room wise. I know you have coral to still place but things look good. I'll get over as quick as I can tomorrow (Wednesday) for the tank move to the school. I have 6 cleaned out buckets for the sand in the sump. Maybe while people are dragging that beast of a DT out to the truck I can quick scoop out the fuge sand and sump rubble.

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya the sump is in the way lol we have to hit that up first lol

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I haven't checked your thread in a few weeks and you've made a ton of progress. Looks good! What shelving are you thinking of making out of aluminum? To me, aluminum and saltwater don't mix and I'd think it would rust rather quickly... But i have not clue what you are going to use it for...?

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh thanks bro, hope all is well for you, ya the aluminum is the light rack

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably no issues with the light rack being aluminum... I want to make a T5/LED hybrid when the time is right.

Saltwatercoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've have been keeping an eye on this thread since the first few posts and can not believe how Much thought and $ has been thrown into this beast! Just gives me ideas for my next future build when I move into a house with a basment! Mad respect bro!

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just got caught back up I'm jelious I been idle for a few months. So did you use all you rock from your 500 and all your water? And if I missed what size and grain sand did you use?

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've have been keeping an eye on this thread since the first few posts and can not believe how Much thought and $ has been thrown into this beast! Just gives me ideas for my next future build when I move into a house with a basment! Mad respect bro!

Thank you, if you need any ideas I am full of them lol

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just got caught back up I'm jelious I been idle for a few months. So did you use all you rock from your 500 and all your water? And if I missed what size and grain sand did you use?

No actually I went with mostly all new rock except for the pieces that had coral, but i purchased 2000lbs to go into the DT, the rest was for the sumps and refugiums.

I used that special grade reef sand. I have used it in the past because its not too big to where a sand sifter can hammer it out, and not too small to where the slightest movement stirs up a cloud.

It has and still is an adventure. Now a good friend and I are making some leds to test on it....so far WOW!! so i will post them when they are ready. I am starting on the viewing room this winter

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like things are coming along nicely. I'm anxious to see your LED skills because I will have you fellas put together the lights for the schools tank!

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well update... going to paint the rails, and organize room....this weekend i hope

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, ya my work is insane busy right now, and i only am getting an hour max to work on all this, plus getting stuff organized so I can build the rest of the basement, fish viewing room, bathroom,laundry,concession room.....I hope this winter I will be alll done!!!! lol.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found the thread. [swallowing hard] Amazing, just amazing.

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm swinging by this afternoon, I expect great progress sir!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back