New England Frag Farmer's Market - March 11, 2017

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, its that time again! I am starting to get together FFM together for next year. It will once again be the swap not to miss for the Northeast. Last year there were 60+ vendors with 1000's of corals at great prices, and over 1000 people came out for the day. It was a huge success and this year looks to be more of the same. I have most of last year's sellers already signed up for the 2017 - 10th Annual FFM, and am working on adding a few new names to the list, who people would really like to see come out. I'll keep you posted as things come together. Definitely save the date!
As in past years, I am always looking for hobbyists who are interested in selling at the FFM. Sticking with the original idea of the FFM, where a hobbyist can sell their homegrown corals at a big show, with low investment of time and $, I will always try to find a space for the little guy. If anyone is interested, or knows someone who is, have them get in touch with me and I can get the details worked out. Even if you only have a small frag tank with a few frags, it is worth it!
I am also looking to have more dry goods companies come out to show off their stuff. Over the past few years, more and more have been coming out to talk to you guys, answer questions, show off their new toys. If you know of a company who would be interested in coming out, have a connection in a company and might be able to convince them to set-up for the day, or just have a company that you would like to see at the market, get in touch with me and I will try to make it happen.
More info and details to come!
-Jon

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, its that time again! I am starting to get together FFM together for next year. It will once again be the swap not to miss for the Northeast. Last year there were 60+ vendors with 1000's of corals at great prices, and over 1000 people came out for the day. It was a huge success and this year looks to be more of the same. I have most of last year's sellers already signed up for the 2017 - 10th Annual FFM, and am working on adding a few new names to the list, who people would really like to see come out. I'll keep you posted as things come together. Definitely save the date!
As in past years, I am always looking for hobbyists who are interested in selling at the FFM. Sticking with the original idea of the FFM, where a hobbyist can sell their homegrown corals at a big show, with low investment of time and $, I will always try to find a space for the little guy. If anyone is interested, or knows someone who is, have them get in touch with me and I can get the details worked out. Even if you only have a small frag tank with a few frags, it is worth it!
I am also looking to have more dry goods companies come out to show off their stuff. Over the past few years, more and more have been coming out to talk to you guys, answer questions, show off their new toys. If you know of a company who would be interested in coming out, have a connection in a company and might be able to convince them to set-up for the day, or just have a company that you would like to see at the market, get in touch with me and I will try to make it happen.
More info and details to come!
-Jon

CTARS will be there! Can't wait!

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never been but just marked it on the calendar. As long as I can sneak away from the wife I will be there

ytsejam02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is interested in donating to CTARS tank, please let us know. All donations go back into the club for events and awareness for this great hobby.

I have some devil's hand frags from the mother colony who seems to want to propagate all the time. I'd be happy to donate them.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is interested in donating to CTARS tank, please let us know. All donations go back into the club for events and awareness for this great hobby.

I'll make a few donations to the club's tank. I got some shrooms and softies but I'll try and frag a few higher end zoa polyps too.

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. The whole point of the FFM has always been to give the "little guy" a chance to make some money selling frags that they grew out at home. The "buy-in" is low and it is only one day. You could never make selling at MACNA a realistic thing as a hobbyist but at this point, with over 1000 people coming, selling for the day at the FFM is pretty close to it. I even have stuff you can borrow for the day, if you need. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

clueless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. The whole point of the FFM has always been to give the "little guy" a chance to make some money selling frags that they grew out at home. The "buy-in" is low and it is only one day. You could never make selling at MACNA a realistic thing as a hobbyist but at this point, with over 1000 people coming, selling for the day at the FFM is pretty close to it. I even have stuff you can borrow for the day, if you need. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
I agree with you, but for me I'd rather trade with other reefers, and donate my frags to the CTARS booth,so the group can sell the frags and use the proceeds to fund other group functions that promote the hobby, and expand members knowledge base. I believe what you are doing with the young people at your school is invaluble and look forward to any events E.O.Smith sponsors. I was amazed by your students knowledge and committment at the last event I went to. The paid speaker was great,but I was more blown away by your students presentations

Back