New England Frag Farmer's Market - March 11, 2017

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fitch is donating a $25 gift certificate to CTARS to give away the day of FFM to a random person who signs up for a new CTARS membership the day of FFM, we hope to see you all there!!! Thanks Fitch for everything! *must be a new member not a renewal*

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fitch4 I noticed you have pop corals in 106 and 120.

sassAwrasse, I noticed things looked a bit sporadic with the Western Mass group in the forum, but I'm not a fan of social media so I wasn't sure how active they were. It would have been nice to have something a little bit more local (meetings are over an hour away), but I'll be moving to the Hartford area soon, so it's moot anyway.

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put together $500 in Frag Farmer's gift certificates to give away during the day at the FFM. Part of the FFM has always been the gift certificates that I put together that are good at ANY vendor at the FFM. Most of them will be given away at random to people coming in!

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put together $500 in Frag Farmer's gift certificates to give away during the day at the FFM. Part of the FFM has always been the gift certificates that I put together that are good at ANY vendor at the FFM. Most of them will be given away at random to people coming in!

That's awesome! I didn't realize you guys did that! I'm looking forward to it - and painting zoas as fast as I can [emoji23]

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do every year. I am not in this to make $. I am just looking to support the school project and keep it running. The FFM has become so successful that I can do that and even help out other teachers, at other schools, who are setting up reef tanks which is awesome. I have also been giving out scholarships the past few years. I have given out $2000 the last two years to kids who are graduating and going on to study marine biology, biology, conservation, etc...
I just try to think of things that would make the FFM more fun for everyone who comes out. Everybody loves to win something, especially if you didn't expect it!

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No speakers or workshops, it's less of a conference and more of a flea market... minus the shady vendors, broken equipment, and old gipsy fortune tellers.

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Great News!!! David from Reef Trends and I have been working on getting together a "Safety Stop," something I have been trying to get together for the last few years, and are going to make it happen for FFM X! In the interest of not spreading pests among out tanks, I wanted to have small doses of dip for people to be able to bring home, and use for the beautiful frags that they get at the FFM. Mark from ME Corals is going to be hooking the attendees of the FFM up by donating a pile of single dose containers of his "Wash Off" dip! They will be available for people, FREE, at the Reef Trends table in the first hallway. Stop by and grab one on your way in/out of the FFM. Thanks to Mark and ME for helping me make this a part of the FFM!

shayna123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Her name is Shayna. I think her screen name is Shayna123
Bruno and I sadly won't be setting up a booth this year. It was a hard decision because as chaotic it is we always have so much fun doing it. After my father had a stroke last year we moved him into our home to take care of him during his recovery, by spring he was back on his feet, feeling good,driving again and moved into an apartment very close to us so we could still help. After only a couple of months he had another stroke that took his life. Between the grief and and having to take care of all the things you have to deal with when someone goes (he just like me was a big collector of what some call junk, we call treasures) we lost all our corals. We definitely plan to build up our collection again, hopefully the FFM is just the spark we need to get it rolling! I still have my algae tank going, thankfully they can take some serious neglect! Looking forward to seeing what everyone brings and soaking up the good spirit that is always in abundance at the FFM!

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bruno and I sadly won't be setting up a booth this year. It was a hard decision because as chaotic it is we always have so much fun doing it. After my father had a stroke last year we moved him into our home to take care of him during his recovery, by spring he was back on his feet, feeling good,driving again and moved into an apartment very close to us so we could still help. After only a couple of months he had another stroke that took his life. Between the grief and and having to take care of all the things you have to deal with when someone goes (he just like me was a big collector of what some call junk, we call treasures) we lost all our corals. We definitely plan to build up our collection again, hopefully the FFM is just the spark we need to get it rolling! I still have my algae tank going, thankfully they can take some serious neglect! Looking forward to seeing what everyone brings and soaking up the good spirit that is always in abundance at the FFM!

I'm so sorry to hear this, Shayna! What a year :(

Looking forward to seeing you though!

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry for loss Shayna....

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So sorry for your loss, we look forward to seeing you

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your loss but I am glad to hear that you are coming out for the day. Make sure to stop by and say hello while you are there. I am sure I can set you up with some stuff to get you back on track!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back