New guy from Wilmington, NC

Fish Werx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Just checking in. My name is Eirik.

Been keeping saltwater tanks for about 1.5 years now. The beast I have now is the 5th iteration of a 30 gallon reef system I inherited after one *slightly* drunken afternoons discussion with a bartender on the beach here in our little town....

Went something like this...
BT: Man, I'm moving in a couple weeks out of state, need to unload this fish tank I have before I leave.
Me: Cool, what kind? I used to have a couple tanks when I was younger... (*starts to reminisce)

*Picks up horribly overcrowded tank and laughably small hang on back filter system next day... Go to LFS... Do research.... Upgrade... Spend money... Buy stuff.... Go to LFS.... Join some forums... Buy more stuff... Upgrade.... Do more research.... Order stuff online... Meet new friends in town that have same sickness.... Do more research... Look into upgrade.... Wife threatens to murder me... Upgrade anyway.... Ask wife for forgiveness.... Promises to never upgrade again... Buy new house... Upgrade again!!!

Short story long, I now have a self refurbished 120 mixed reef system with a 40 breeder homemade style sump and plumbing. I am mostly into LPS and softies, but have very recently ventured into the land of SPS thanks to a fellow forum member here! I am always looking to learn new ways of doing things more efficiently and making a better, cleaner running system. Hope to meet some nice people and learns some new techniques.

I will eventually get around to posting a build thread and some pics.... Cheers!

OP
OP
Fish Werx

Fish Werx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey welcome... lots of good people here... though I am partial to those in wilmington myself ;-)
Right! I am a member of a couple of the more "local" forums for our area. But they seem kind of slow... As in not a lot of action. So I heard about this one from a member here and said what the hey... Lets check it out.
So, you may or may not have seen some of my stuff over on the *other* places?

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Just checking in. My name is Eirik.

Been keeping saltwater tanks for about 1.5 years now. The beast I have now is the 5th iteration of a 30 gallon reef system I inherited after one *slightly* drunken afternoons discussion with a bartender on the beach here in our little town....

Went something like this...
BT: Man, I'm moving in a couple weeks out of state, need to unload this fish tank I have before I leave.
Me: Cool, what kind? I used to have a couple tanks when I was younger... (*starts to reminisce)

*Picks up horribly overcrowded tank and laughably small hang on back filter system next day... Go to LFS... Do research.... Upgrade... Spend money... Buy stuff.... Go to LFS.... Join some forums... Buy more stuff... Upgrade.... Do more research.... Order stuff online... Meet new friends in town that have same sickness.... Do more research... Look into upgrade.... Wife threatens to murder me... Upgrade anyway.... Ask wife for forgiveness.... Promises to never upgrade again... Buy new house... Upgrade again!!!

Short story long, I now have a self refurbished 120 mixed reef system with a 40 breeder homemade style sump and plumbing. I am mostly into LPS and softies, but have very recently ventured into the land of SPS thanks to a fellow forum member here! I am always looking to learn new ways of doing things more efficiently and making a better, cleaner running system. Hope to meet some nice people and learns some new techniques.

I will eventually get around to posting a build thread and some pics.... Cheers!
Hahaha,Welcome To R2R , great story .. Im Sure like me , theres lots More on here who can relate too this ,welcome too the club !!! By the way Im no longer allowed into any lfs on my own or unsupervised!!!!

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R;)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. We would love to see some pictures of the 120.

OP
OP
Fish Werx

Fish Werx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. We would love to see some pictures of the 120.
I will get some up soon. I am trying to figure out how to use my phone to update all this stuff on this forum. That is where all the pics of the system are... Where is the best place to post pics of our tanks BTW?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest starting a build thread. It's a great place to share your progress, ask questions, and look back over time to see the changes in your tank that you don't notice looking at it every day.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks.52/

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back