timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160204_175811.jpg
20160204_175819.jpg
touchdown . covered in oil , stronger then the gyre (for now untill they breakdown in 2 months) i dont kno man well see

SMH

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks almost identical to Gyre. Funny, if I was their designer, I would have gone over some of the complains gyre was receiving and made it better instead of just being lazy and make a rubber mold out of the original :rolleyes:
I've read that Gyre blades are to close to the case and that could potentially be dangerous for some fish species (foxface). Also, seen reports of snails damaging the unit....smh

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it I'll work fine for six months, report back then.

Yea I may try them out too . I'm getting curious now [emoji12] watch six months down the road the people on this thread are going to buy one after the good reviews lol

Everyone said this about the original WP series and there are tanks with those in them now(most people just upgraded to the RW because they can afford to). Just cause it's Chinese doesn't mean it's complete garbage and even if it does break down I have the supplier down the block from me who replaces piece(does the same with all other jebao products)
Believe me I'll be okay lol
I'll write back in a week a month and three months.

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone said this about the original WP series and there are tanks with those in them now(most people just upgraded to the RW because they can afford to). Just cause it's Chinese doesn't mean it's complete garbage and even if it does break down I have the supplier down the block from me who replaces piece(does the same with all other jebao products)
Believe me I'll be okay lol
I'll write back in a week a month and three months.

1. This thing has a ton of fragile pieces.. So good luck with that.

2. Keep supporting the company that rips off the ones that pays to design cool stuff like this.. There won't any new advancements and companies like Maxspect and Ecotech won't be around any longer to design them.. But don't worry.. I'm sure Jaebo will always be there to sell you thier "more gooder" pump that they stole before they shut down. ;)

If you're gonna buy it anyway that's on you.. But how embarrassing to post in this thread bragging about it! "lol"

The original wp was completely different.. This is direct theft!

Brandon Chi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. This thing has a ton of fragile pieces.. So good luck with that.

2. Keep supporting the company that rips off the ones that pays to design cool stuff like this.. There won't any new advancements and companies like Maxspect and Ecotech won't be around any longer to design them.. But don't worry.. I'm sure Jaebo will always be there to sell you thier "more gooder" pump that they stole before they shut down. ;)

If you're gonna buy it anyway that's on you.. But how embarrassing to post in this thread bragging about it! "lol"

The original wp was completely different.. This is direct theft!

Everyone said that about WP ripping off tunze but a lot people have them.
Like you said it's up to anyone to buy Jaebo if they want. There are always generic and knockoffs in every industry of the world. But people buy it because most of the time it's the same thing without the brand. So people buy what's affordable . I understand about the whole thing of buying something that is identical to a brand name but I don't agree about you saying that this wavemaker sucks because you never owned one because they just came out . You never know it may be better than the Original. You never know. So it's people choice what to put in their tanks. There are knock off LED lights and people buy them because some Chinese light does just as good as the brand name. So reef and do what you feel is best.

Angler and Eels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll see how it goes, I'm calling it the Fyre lol

image.jpeg

Let us know how you like it. Don't let the haters get to you. Nothing to be embarrassed of. I picked one up yesterday. Lots of LFS in NY have them in stock. They are between $130 and $150. Saving a $140 is a big savings to some people.

But how embarrassing to post in this thread bragging about it! "lol"

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's really embarracing is someone taking a pump so deeply to heart that they get upset when someone buys the knock off and posts about it lol people want to know how it works, if it's similar, if it stands up to time. I'll make sure to answer their questions.
If one has the money and wants to buy it awesome, if not then that's their money.
If you think Maxspect and Ecotech actually suffer from these companies you're extremely mistaken. Sure, it's annoying for them but it provides the consumer with options. Over time they'll probably develop something cheaper to compete or be so high end that those who purchase knock offs won't even be their targeted market. They will also continue to innovate and become better. It's the same with purses, there's a million knock offs out there but those people that like the original buy the original.
Scrape the saltcreep off, you're sounding a little salty my friend :)

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, he is one of those fan boys. Gyre is the only good thing everything else sucks.
Not at all.. It's called fair business ethics.. And if you take the time to read this thread from the start you'll see that R2R takes the same position I do.. I bought 2 wp 40's.. They were similar to about 10 different companies designs.. So that was a fair use. But now I'll never buy another thing from them again.. Because they're not developing, they're stealing.. If you can't see that this is a blatant rip off of Maxspects then you're simply lying to yourself. You have to at least let them be the sole manufacturers of thier own design long enough to pay for the R&D that went into the product to begin with.. Do you not know how running a company works? It's not about being a "fan boy" but good job getting your link in there for your "buddy" so he can make a dirty dollar.. Notice it's not there anymore?? :eek: you're trying to up sell the companies that steal from the company's that support the very foundation of this hobby.. And that includes the support of this very forum.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What's really embarracing is someone taking a pump so deeply to heart that they get upset when someone buys the knock off and posts about it lol people want to know how it works, if it's similar, if it stands up to time. I'll make sure to answer their questions.
If one has the money and wants to buy it awesome, if not then that's their money.
If you think Maxspect and Ecotech actually suffer from these companies you're extremely mistaken. Sure, it's annoying for them but it provides the consumer with options. Over time they'll probably develop something cheaper to compete or be so high end that those who purchase knock offs won't even be their targeted market. They will also continue to innovate and become better. It's the same with purses, there's a million knock offs out there but those people that like the original buy the original.
Scrape the saltcreep off, you're sounding a little salty my friend :)
Have you put it on your tank yet? And how far down have you placed it. Also make sure you scrub it down because its covered in oil

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks almost identical to Gyre. Funny, if I was their designer, I would have gone over some of the complains gyre was receiving and made it better instead of just being lazy and make a rubber mold out of the original :rolleyes:
I've read that Gyre blades are to close to the case and that could potentially be dangerous for some fish species (foxface). Also, seen reports of snails damaging the unit....smh

they have a fix for the snail issue. Contact them if this is a problem for you ;)

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Somone has their panties in a knot lol hahahah [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]
Theres nothing coralvue maxspect can do i seen the documents and laws before i posted the first picture. To be honest i dont even think jebaos going to cause issues with them. Theres so much competition and if their going to worry about anything its deffinitly not jebao

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dude im at about 5 stomella snails a week that get chopped off their little shell but whats cool about the gyre is they give you 2 extra cages and rotors

Brandon Chi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres nothing coralvue maxspect can do i seen the documents and laws before i posted the first picture. To be honest i dont even think jebaos going to cause issues with them. Theres so much competition and if their going to worry about anything its deffinitly not jebao

My thoughts exactly . Someone like Jebao ain't nothing compared to ecotech and other companies as competition . Maxspects worries about the big fish competition not just some Chinese trying to make a buck. Let them make their extra buck [emoji6]

Brandon Chi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's awesome you know how they feel! But perhaps you're again just lying to yourself to justify buying the stolen product.. I have personally spoken to Maxspect and know exactly how they feel regarding the matter.
Here's the proof.. But you're gonna keep talking because you've already convinced yourself it's ok... Enjoy your "more better" pump. I bet it's broke in 2 months.. Good luck with the customer service.

Lol haha well you seem like a nice guy . Well at least your trying to then your true colors come out and wish my pump fails in 2 months such a nice guy haha . You are taking this powerhead thing way too much to heart. You act your the owner and understand how they feel . I'm in the business of Chinese ripping off my product but I ain't crying . A matter of fact I'm winning the war on China and gaining all the customers that once had China as their manufacture . I never cried I just made better product and it proved that we had the mind to elevate our game to a level no Chinese can compare. Just relax and let folk make their decisions. Plus friends told me maxspects customer service ain't nothing to ride home about so don't even mention that.

Angler and Eels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's awesome you know how they feel! But perhaps you're again just lying to yourself to justify buying the stolen product.. I have personally spoken to Maxspect and know exactly how they feel regarding the matter.
Here's the proof.. But you're gonna keep talking because you've already convinced yourself it's ok... Enjoy your "more better" pump. I bet it's broke in 2 months.. Good luck with the customer service.

Dude, you repeatedly bash Jebao and speculate about their product breaking based on nothing. Now you post a letter in response to your complaint about your maxspect breaking. How long did you have the maxspect before it broke?

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol haha well you seem like a nice guy . Well at least your trying to then your true colors come out and wish my pump fails in 2 months such a nice guy haha . You are taking this powerhead thing way too much to heart. You act your the owner and understand how they feel . I'm in the business of Chinese ripping off my product but I ain't crying . A matter of fact I'm winning the war on China and gaining all the customers that once had China as their manufacture . I never cried I just made better product and it proved that we had the mind to elevate our game to a level no Chinese can compare. Just relax and let folk make their decisions. Plus friends told me maxspects customer service ain't nothing to ride home about so don't even mention that.

My "true colors came out when I wished your pump breaks??" Now you're putting words in my mouth.. I never wished anything bad on you. I was just stating a fact that the pump will more than likely fail.. And Jaebos customer service won't help you when it does.. And "friends told you that Maxspects customer support ain't nothing to ride home about so don't even mention that".. Ok I'm not 100% on what that means but it sounds like you're trying to say you have a buddy that told you Maxspects customer support sucks? Well looks like your friends lie to you as well.. Because THATS the exact reason I'll defend them to the moon and back.. They're customer service is under Coralvue and I had a Bubbleblaster 5000 impeller break on me.. They sent me a new one.. Then the pump itself stopped working.. They said send it in.. They sent me a new one.. I couldn't tell you if it was even under warranty.. I know it was at least 3 years old.. But they replaced it no questions asked.. That's a $350.00 pump. I bought a gyre off a guy in my local reef club for $200. I couldn't get it to function for anything.. I hated the dang thing.. So while I was talking to the rep about the bubble blaster pump I told him how I felt about the junky gyre pump. He explained that something wasn't right and worked through the problems.. Come to find out the guy that owned it before me had stripped out the bushings.. So they sent a new set out to get it up and running properly..

But thanks for assuming.. Again

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back