New Hood

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to taking a couple pictures of the new hood...it turned out awesome!

The first couple are of the old hood which I made for my 45 gallon. My new custom built hood for my 58 Oceanic Shaker was made by MinibowMatt...who is as amazing a craftsman as you can find!! I am still going to put a few knobs on the front and back door.

I have pics of all my corals, and will be adding some pics to my other thread to chronicle the color changes if any from the old lights to the new lights!

oldhood2.jpg

oldhood1.jpg

Hood.jpg

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new canopy looks great! Is it alot brighter in the tank now that you have the back of the canopy closed off? You also have the cool stand that I wanted for my 58.

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...it is a lot brighter in the tank going from a couple 96W PCs to two 175 MHs and a 96W actinic PC. I am still trying to find a cool wood fan cover to dress up the sides.

The cabinet is Oceanic's Shaker series.

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thats the first time I have seen it on the tank too, and it looks pretty good. I didnt realize your stand used wide trim, I coulda matched that better! you should have said something!
looks great Stix! I couldn't have done better myself! ;)

BTW here is a link for the fan covers.. they only come in 4" though.. Im sure if we keep looking we will find 3"
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?...DADBDADADADADEHGGFGOHEDADADADBDB&filter=vent\

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Matt...I am not even worried about trims matching up...this one turned out much better than I could have ever imagined!

bad link to the covers.

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is some nice work Matt...when you coming down south lol.
On a side note stix....I think you need to hire an exterminator it seems you have a spider problem.. ;)
-Chris

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys and gals...but MinibowMatt did all the work!!! I am just lucky enough to enjoy it on my tank!

Back