New Naso......ich????

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got a Naso tang from the LFS this past Saturday against my better judgement. He acted interested in the food but didn't eat. After a stresssful placement in a bag I asked the LFS dude to put him in a 5 gal bucket that I brought. That chilled him out a bit. I got home and aclimated him and whatnot. I did a bunch of aquascaping before I put him in to distract the yellow tang that I have

* keep in mind I just upgraded to a 90 from a 29 about 2 weeks ago *

He was cool and ate but spit it out. The next day he ate more and kept it down. Brine and Flake. He didn't seem interested in the Nori clip at all.

Well... came home yesterday and he has all these little black specks all over him. I thought ich was white? It ate good last night and this morning. But this morning it looked like there were 2 or 3 little white specks on it along with the black ones. Is this ich???? I'll try to get some pix but my computer is down at home.

I am affraid if I try to catch him and QT him it'll stress him out even more an dhe'll die. It swims fine and the color is good. No cloudy eyes or any wierd behavior. It doesn't rub on rocks or anything like that. I have a cleaner shrimp and it crawls all over it but the black specs are still there. These are tiny but numerous. Like his body is salted but with black salt if that makes sense.

ANy ideas.....other than pulling him out and QT?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The black stuff is called Black velvet Diseas,Oodinium, Velvet or Coral Fish Disease and the white stuff is ICK...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back