New Neptune FMK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Unclefishbuckel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beta testing the new NEPTUNE FMK module and sensors. Working great you'd be surprised by how much flow you lose with all the pipe and fittings.
IMG_6024.JPG

JustinFromAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, people are going to freak out when they see there 1500gph pump is actually putting out 5oogph at the nozzle. I kind of had an idea where my output would be (bucket testing) but getting confirmation from the FMK was nice.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, people are going to freak out when they see there 1500gph pump is actually putting out 5oogph at the nozzle. I kind of had an idea where my output would be (bucket testing) but getting confirmation from the FMK was nice.
This is going to cause quite a stir in the industry for sure. And, people will undoubtedly begin doing the wrong things to bring up their flow. That is, buying bigger pumps when they should be evaluating the size and method of their plumbing. A dropping in a bigger engine into your car will likely not give much more power to you if it has the stock exhaust.

bpiermat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to cause quite a stir in the industry for sure. And, people will undoubtedly begin doing the wrong things to bring up their flow. That is, buying bigger pumps when they should be evaluating the size and method of their plumbing. A dropping in a bigger engine into your car will likely not give much more power to you if it has the stock exhaust.

Terence,

Why can't I just tell Fusion my pump flow rate, and have fusion plot flow volume for given outlet? Here is my plan:

1. Measure the flow rate in-situ (I.e measure the flow with a bucket or measuring cup in the current plumbing set up)

2. Tell Fusion my outlet has a flow rate of X gal per minute or cups per minute

3. Get Terrence to help me get Fusion modified to allow an outlet to plot volume pumped vs time... based on item #2 above and how long it stays on.

Thanks!

Ben

PS. Why can't Fusion plot Watts used, instead of Amps using the same math/principle

Last edited:

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Head Height charts and calculators are a good thing to use before implementing plumbing and buying a pump.

This is great for checking the actual flow rate and could be useful for knowing when to clean your pumps.

bpiermat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Head Height charts and calculators are a good thing to use before implementing plumbing and buying a pump.

This is great for checking the actual flow rate and could be useful for knowing when to clean your pumps.

Calculators are fun.... but if you learn the Bernoulli principle and read up on fluid mechanics you can solve any pipe fluid flow problem.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli's_principle

in2aqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to get my hands on this. I'll finally have confidence that I'm supplying the right amount of flow to devices like UV for instance. Plus I plan to be made aware when my emergency pipe is being used.

in2aqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how many of these I'll end up needing for my tanks or if the different pipe diameters that I have in use will make the kit less appealing. Time will tell.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back