New office custom peninsula 185 gallon build thread

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am relocation my orthodontic office and will be a building custom in wall peninsula 185 gallon mixed reef tank with fish room. The tank will be 72"x25"x24" trim-less with euro brace and Synergy reef 16" overflow by Planet Aquariums. Stand will be metal also built by Planet. Laminate plywood clad panels will be built by office contractor.

Equipment list:

Neptune Apex Gold Controller
Synergy Reef CL-44 Sump
Synergy Reef 10 Gallon ATO Container
Synergy Reef 16" Overflow box
Super Reef Octopus CR3000 8" Calcium Reactor
Super Reef Octopus SRO-3000INT 8” Skimmer
Reef Octopus 6" Waste Collector with Auto Shut Off
Reef Octopus Automatic Skimmer Cleaner with 200 Lid
Ecotech Marine Vectra L1 DC Pump
Ecotech Marine Vortech MP-40QD (x2)
MaxSpect Gyre XF150
60" ATI Power Module LED/T-5 Fixture

Fish room:

Ace Roto 40 gallon vertical tanks (x2)
BRS 6 Stage RO/DI System - 75 GPD
Pan World 40PX - 480 GPH
Neptune Systems DOS Dosing and Fluid Metering System

office.JPG
planet aquarium.jpg
drawing1.jpg
drawing2.jpg
drawing3.jpg
drawing4.PNG

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is going to be a awesome build. Can I make an appointment to get my teeth check after having my braces off for 32 years? I am following this one.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done Dr. wish you all the best in your new operatory design and success in your practice. This should help to lower the blood pressure and heat rate of your patients. Just one suggestion. Turn the chairs so the patient can see the tank and not just you and your assistants! Lol;):D After all you guys can look out the window to refocus instead of the patients.

Have a great day!

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done Dr. wish you all the best in your new operatory design and success in your practice. This should help to lower the blood pressure and heat rate of your patients. Just one suggestion. Turn the chairs so the patient can see the tank and not just you and your assistants! Lol;):D After all you guys can look out the window to refocus instead of the patients.

Have a great day!
Thank you! Hopefully the build out goes as planned. I'm planning on doing all the setup and plumbing myself to save on cost!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Hopefully the build out goes as planned. I'm planning on doing all the setup and plumbing myself to save on cost!

If you can plan a case, bend wires, bond cleats, to create better occlusion, improve aesthetics, phonetics and function the setup and plumbing is no problem for you! I bet you can visualize the finished product in your minds eye before even cutting a pipe. Yep you have this covered. After all the DAT requires great spatial orientation does it not? And that was way before you saw your first patient. Love the pre-planning and development. Following along to learn a few things.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can plan a case, bend wires, bond cleats, to create better occlusion, improve aesthetics, phonetics and function the setup and plumbing is no problem for you! I bet you can visualize the finished product in your minds eye before even cutting a pipe. Yep you have this covered. After all the DAT requires great spatial orientation does it not? And that was way before you saw your first patient. Love the pre-planning and development. Following along to learn a few things.
Lol! This will be my 5th time set up of a reef tank and 2nd time doing all PVC plumbing. I will be using grey PVC and schedule 40 fittings which I have already purchased. Thanks!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool build! I'm in!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! This will be my 5th time set up of a reef tank and 2nd time doing all PVC plumbing. I will be using grey PVC and schedule 40 fittings which I have already purchased. Thanks!

Maybe you are ready for a new career of selling and setting up reef tanks in your spare time. Lol...I know who has spare time right? :rolleyes:

Back