New stand build

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proved me correct Dan...turned out awesome just as I predicted. I love it, not that it matters. Congrats on a great job.

Last edited:

Saybng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woo-hoo that is looking sick!... congrats on your wood work...BTW 1/8 reveal is perfect for expansion.

OP
OP
D

danmarion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, got the tank placed on the stand today. I used this opportunity to pull out a Royal Gramma that had proven to be impossible to catch without moving rocks.

stand01.jpg

Here it is right after placing water in it. Super cloudy, of course

stand02.jpg

The damage to the old stand: Note the swelling wood around the edges of the top piece:
stand03.jpg

This is scary. The posts that hold up the "floating" top piece of the stand had started to push completely through the wood. I bet I had a week or two left until this thing became critical
stand04.jpg

The only unfortunate part of the whole process is that my 'nem decided to move after I got done. I had kinda expected it, but its still a bummer when you see it moving away from a prime viewing spot.

retiredsailor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful stand Dan! I wish I had metal working skills. I'm only capable of engineering things out of wood. If I want anything engineered out of metal I have to get my father in law to do it. He's very capable with metal but I don't think he's ever made something with the idea of having it look good. Everything he builds is almost never visible.

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an old post but I'll bring it back for a question. Have you ever considered selling a stand like that ?im in the market for a bigger stand with more room in the cabinet.

OP
OP
D

danmarion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an old post but I'll bring it back for a question. Have you ever considered selling a stand like that ?im in the market for a bigger stand with more room in the cabinet.

I am sorry I never saw your question before today, it has been a long time since I have checked in here. Yes, I have considered selling custom stands and am open to figuring something out

Back