New Tank Delivered Today..Need Help...Cosmetic or Bad seams

Y2KReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrylic, 8x2x2 external overflow.

I am not comfortable with some of the seams. Can someone who knows acrylic tank building give me some input?? Thanks

This is the the top panel and front panel, mid tank

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Y2KReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrylic, 8x2x2 external overflow.

I am not comfortable with some of the seams. Can someone who knows acrylic tank building give me some input?? Thanks

This is the the top panel and front panel, mid tank

IMG_4782.jpg

OP
OP
Y

Y2KReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bigger problem than that!! The seam of the rear panel and left side panel was hazy. I banged in it from the inside and it completely separated!!!! Let the battle begin!!! UGH!

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bigger problem than that!! The seam of the rear panel and left side panel was hazy. I banged in it from the inside and it completely separated!!!! Let the battle begin!!! UGH!

Oh man! Be sure to post a review of the manufacturer on the forum to warn others of the shotty craftsmanship!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The other pictures look as if it had been stressed, betting during shipment. Really don't think the manufacturer wouldn't have allowed that to be shipped that way. The other that you did, well that doesn't really matter, the tank wouldn't be usable anyway.

Inspecting the tank before signing for it from the shipper would have been very helpful. Might be uphill battle with the manufacturer, hopefully they understand.

Back