New to forum and hobby

Whitney Oliver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the hobby and do not have my tank yet but I'm looking into getting my first tank soon and want to start with a 90 to 120 gal Pred tank. I do know that I want a snowflake eel and a fuzzy dwarf lion fish. If you have any suggestions on brands on sump system brands or dyi sump systems please let me know. Also what is your favorite type of lighting? And what fish would you pair in the tank? How do you secure rock scaping? Thank you for all the feedback I am so excited about getting into this hobby.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Starting a big tank like that is a great way to do. They can be more forgiving then a smaller tank but they cost allot more.
For a tank like that make sure you get a over sized skimmer, nothing too crazy but for a 125 get a skimmer rated for 200 with heavy bio load. If this is a fish only tank or a fowlr tank lighting isn't as important. If you go with lighting like ocean revive you can grow any corals later on if you decide to go that way and they are only 160 each. As far as what my favorite lighting is the geismen Aurora, but I can't afford that so I use kessils which are my other favorite gives the water a nice shimmer

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the hobby and do not have my tank yet but I'm looking into getting my first tank soon and want to start with a 90 to 120 gal Pred tank. I do know that I want a snowflake eel and a fuzzy dwarf lion fish. If you have any suggestions on brands on sump system brands or dyi sump systems please let me know. Also what is your favorite type of lighting? And what fish would you pair in the tank? How do you secure rock scaping? Thank you for all the feedback I am so excited about getting into this hobby.
Welcome to R2R!!!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome too R2R , I'm sure you will find a wealth of knowledge, advice and help ,and friendliness too help you on your way .. goodluck !! Happy reefing !

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R;)

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

With predator tanks, the larger the better!

Keep us posted on your build :)

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back