New to the hobby, I have and 24gal nanocube and a 125gal reef tank. Need help!! Thanks!

Steve McGlamery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick feedback bros! Should i test these everyday or weekly or what? And the balling method? Im looking for a quicker, easier yet accurate way to test and "dose" my tank. I really want something that is over the top. Thanks!
Also, keep a written log. Make up a folder. This way you will see trends.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Everyone has already given you great advice. Sounds like you two nice setups to work with. I'd do a ton of research before you decide what you want in your tanks. If you're new to saltwater, I'd keep just fish for a while until you get the hang of things. Coral makes things a lot more complicated so I'd get the tank settled in first. Sounds like you have good lights for coral for the big tank. Ask a lot of questions here. We all want to help!

OP
OP
M

mlaneusmc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks glb, the big tank is doing much better after the algea break out i had. Lights out for 3 days did the trick. Now im just having trouble getting my Octopus 150 classic skimmer tuned in just right. But yeah im doing a lot of reading.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back