New to this forum! Hi folks!

SaltySue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had freshwater since I was 11 yrs old. I always wanted a salt tank but had heard that they are too much trouble. Last year I was looking for some specific loaches & was give the name of a lfs. I had birthday money & a 55 gal Freshwater setup with live aquascaping. It was gorgious too!

This lfs (Ocean Avenue) also had mainly salt & corals. They did a great job educating my on reefing. So much so, I decided to get a 5 gal tank & sit it on my lamp table next to my recliner. I have had this tank going for 15 months so far. It has been extremely challenging. Even with 3 major crashes it is still chugging along.

Now I have saved a little money & found a 75 W gal with dry sump & stand for $100! I am now on the list for a service call to get my overflow box & rest plumbed. I found cheap, cheap sand & my tank will be a tester to see how it does. But I am inpatient to get it started as my engineer goby had grown an inch in the last couple weeks & needs more space.

So soon I will find out how much easier it is to care for a larger tank. I'm so excited! I read your posted threads all the time & have learned a lot of information to add to all that I get from my special lfs. Thanks!

OP
OP
SaltySue

SaltySue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my nano on it's best day.

20151226_232241_Richtone(HDR)-1.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted on your build!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome and looking good!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I love Ocean Ave. They are great guys over there. Your tank looks great btw.

OP
OP
SaltySue

SaltySue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I love Ocean Ave. They are great guys over there. Your tank looks great btw.
Thanks, they have really educated me with my nano. Boy talking about flying by the seat of my pants! Now, a giant leap to my 75 g. Washed 100 lbs of sand tonight. (Tongue hanging out & hubby did the work. I just supervised.) Lol! Tomorrow will be making tops for the 75 & then will be ready for plumbing Wednesday.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back